Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How would you rate your current hunting bow?

Old 08-24-2003, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How would you rate your current hunting bow?

Primary Bow: Bowtech Pro 40 Dual cam.

Speed: 8.5
Durability: 10 (no problems so far)
Forgiveness: 9
Noise: 7.5
Draw Cycle: 8
Quality: 8.5 very tight

Backup: Bowtech Patriot Singlecam

Speed:8
Durability: 10 (again,no probs so far)
Forgiveness: 8
Noise: 9
Draw Cycle: 7.5
Quality: 8.5
Old 08-24-2003, 07:31 PM

Whats your take on the Extreme VFT Jeff? I am considering this bow after many years of shooting an old Proline Hurricane (circa ' 86)
Old 08-24-2003, 08:55 PM

I' m shooting a 2001 Bowtech Extreme Solo, Easton xx78 2213, Trophy Ridge Sights, Steel Force 85 grain heads, hip quiver, bo-doddle Pro -Lite rest.
Rates a 9 as a total package, quite, quick and very productive.
Old 08-25-2003, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tibonty,

I have not owned the ExVFT but have shot several. If I wanted a sub 7” brace height bow, it would be my first choice. It’s scary accurate, very quiet, and pleasant to shoot. We sold a 70 pounder to a fellow yesterday w/ a 30.5” draw, and the bow was smoking, but very stable and very quiet. It seems to be one of those “wow” bows, kinda like a Mathews Legacy or Hoyt RazorTec. People shoot them one time and just say “WOW”, LOL. It’s pretty funny.

The guys who are buying them absolutely love them, and I’ve heard no complaints except for the factory installed string silencers flying off. I prefer the higher brace of the Patriot single-cam personally, but I haven’t heard any people who have bought them complain of them being critical…in fact it’s been just the opposite.

Hope that helps

Old 08-25-2003, 07:08 AM

I would rate my LX as the best bow I have shot....yet !!

Speed =300 fps at 69# w/350 grain arrow
Quiet= I have no silencers added & it could be slightly quieter, but really is about as quiet as anything I have ever shot
Recoil= Mine only has a stabilizer and is as good as anything I' ve shot loaded with Limbsaver products
Feel/Balance= I love it !! I did change out the grip, but stock competition grip was not too bad !Balance is the best I have had.
Durability/Craftsmanship= Mathews excellent as always.........but those !@#$@ Zebra strings. They are definately the major drawback of Mathews bows !!
Accuracy= this is the best I have gotten yet !!

Old 08-25-2003, 09:54 AM

Thanks Jeff for your input, from reading your posts I know that you know your sheeit I don' t want to hijack the thread, I was just curious about the Bowtech because it is such a new company, and my buddy has the Legacy which he loves, but I didnt want to buy a " me too" bow. The brace height does concern me a little as I will be using this bow to hunt with. However it is a little faster than the Legacy which I will use to rub in my buddy' s face [>:] (as long as I can hit the target )
Old 08-25-2003, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tibotny, I haven' t heard anyone mentioning the brace height to be a problem. The speed aside, people that haven' t shot the BowTechs don' t realize how shootable they are. That point seems to be missed quite often. Shoot a VFT and I think you' ll be impressed. All my friends shooting them are very well pleased with their VFTs.
Old 08-25-2003, 02:24 PM
Typical Buck

I have the Extreme VFT and I would ditto other comments that it is a super speed bow with excellent shootability. I concur that brace height is a non-issue as well.

Rate my Current Hunting Bow? I' ll let you know sometime after Sept. 13th, the archery opener in GA!!!
Old 08-25-2003, 05:40 PM

i have a browning tornado.

draw length 27' '
set on 55 pound
truglo 3 pin fiber optic sight
golden key futera arrow rest
easton xx78 2312 superslams
muzzy 3blade

rate of the whole setup is 9

love this bow shoots fast and quite,the key is having your bow silent,remember that
Old 08-25-2003, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Excellant!!! KE of 64 and it hits exactly where my pin is. What more can you ask for! BowTech Patriot 70lb.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: How would you rate your current hunting bow?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.