Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Thunder Head 125 broadheads

Old 08-19-2003, 10:50 PM

Default Thunder Head 125 broadheads

I' m a first year bowhunter and am looking for some advise. I' m plan on hunting elk this year and need to get some broadheads. I' ve been looking at the Thunder Head 125 which is made by New Archery Products(NAP). Any experience/advise would be appreciated on this broadhead and its use on elk.
Thanks!
Levi
Old 08-19-2003, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thunder Head 125 broadheads

LeviY, welcome to the board!

I have used Thunderhead 125`s almost exclusively for probably 10 years now. They fly great, and are sturdy heads. They are EXTREMELY sharp right out of the package.

They are not, in my opinion, as sturdy as some other heads, but I have yet to have a bad experience with them.

I would not think twice about using them on Elk. In fact, I have used them on elk.

Good Luck
Old 08-20-2003, 02:57 AM

I use the T-head,125 for a long time.They match up GREAT with my heavy aluminums.I have taken 15 or 16 deer with them.NEVER HAD ONE BREAK ON A DEER.Sharpest blades I have EVER seen []
Old 08-20-2003, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thunderheads are excellent broadheads and should work very well for you. Just tune your setup and shoot straight and you will be fine.
Old 08-20-2003, 05:57 AM
Typical Buck

The T-Heads are one of the sharpest heads out there, and a proven performer over the years. However you need to ensure that your broadheads spin true on your shafts. I have found that from time to time the little o-ring may not compress equally on all sides and cause the broadhead to wobble. You just have to be diligent about ensuring each broadhead is matched to an arrow that will spin true as a combo. Once that is done, you should be in good shape.
Old 08-20-2003, 06:05 AM
nub

I shot them for leagues a while back. If you ask me, anytime you have an " O" ring involved in the head, sooner or later you' ll experience some type of problem. I lost a lot of blades. Yes I know of UBARS. Myabe the difference was I was always shooting into dirt and sand butts vs foam.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot 100gr Thunderheads and really like them. I haven' t had any come apart in anything that I' ve shot them into.

Nub, how many shots per year do you put broadheads into dirt or sand? I only asks because I think that if you' re shooting hundreds or thousands of shots into sand and dirt then I would suspect you would see failures of some kind with any head.....even simply wearing them out. Just curious.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:01 PM
nub

Nub, how many shots per year do you put broadheads into dirt or sand?
To be honest with you Jason, I' ve never counted. Lets just call it a bunch. Or shall we say, more than most people. I practice with my BHs a lot. And yes, I see failures with all the heads I shoot. Thunderheads are not on the top of my list. Then, neither are the ones I' m shooting this week. My all time favorites for abuse are truely " Bad To The Stone" .
Old 08-20-2003, 01:27 PM

I have shot (2) bull elk with 100 grain Thunderheads. The broadhead flys true, but I question its durability.

I will not be shooting Thunderheads at elk this year, however, I will be using them on deer and javelina.
Old 08-20-2003, 03:51 PM

I have shoyt numerous deer and a moose with them and at this point see no reason to change. Unlike Nub I have yet to loose any blades. I always use one set of blades for practise and new blades for hunting. Out of the package the blades for Thunderheads are real sharp.

Quick Reply: Thunder Head 125 broadheads

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.