Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Wasp Boss Bullets.....first impressions !!

Old 08-19-2003, 05:48 AM

Default Wasp Boss Bullets.....first impressions !!

They are pretty impressive !
Easy to assemble and extremly sharp!
Started shooting and at 300 fps they are shooting right with my field points at 20 yrds. I will start shooting at 40-60 yrds and see how things go !
They are fairly small , but look adequate to do the job........I may try these on my bear/mulie hunt in a couple of weeks (?) !
Old 08-19-2003, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wasp Boss Bullets.....first impressions !!

Are you flinging the 100 or 75 grain head?

These have caught my eye on more than one occaison. Keep us posted, would ya? 5 Shot said a while back they were on his list, I hope he get' s to them soon...
Old 08-19-2003, 10:17 AM

These are 100' s ! I' ll keep you posted.
Old 08-19-2003, 04:00 PM

these look like a really good broadhead - keep us posted onhow they work.

Old 08-22-2003, 11:36 AM

O.k. .......good news and bad.
(Bad) is I can' t get them to fly like field points with my set up " at all ranges" , but (good) is they group awesome !! And I am not the best tuner and I have just twisted these on..........I haven' t spun my arrows or matched up anything !

20 - just like FP.
30-SKIP
40- had to make a small rest adjustment and got them together and nailing the bullseye (literally cut some fletchings)
50- 2-3" groups in the bullseye. FP are a little high and right.
60- 2-3" groups with 2/3 in the bullseye. FP are high 8-9" and right 3"
70- shot 1 group and had 2 in the bulleye and 1 left about 3" .

BTW- I' m shooting these into a block target with 3" dots (bullseye).

Looks like I' ll take these bad boys for a field test in Canada next week !!
Old 08-22-2003, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds impressive... You can bet WASP shot them on matched arrows so they could make their field tip claim. More tinkering may just do that for you, but sounds like you' re ready to hunt...

Good luck in Canada
Old 08-22-2003, 12:50 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-23-2003, 08:03 PM

[X(]CBM SC, When I was at the pro shop today, I picked up some of the " BOSS" heads.After reading your post,and going to some fast flying bemans,I thought it might be a good choice.I must say,very nice head.It' s been many years since I' v had a wasp in the drivers seat.I love the tip.The heads also line up nice and spin very true,,but,,,BUT,,the blades fall short of what I' m used to.NOT very sharp,,,not N.A.P. " diamonized" sharp,that is.
DAMN,,what to do ??.I' m thinking of useing the 85 grn.T-HEADS.When I put the callor from the Wasps behind the O-ring,the head weighs in at 95 grns.I like 100 grains for my carbons,but this may be close enough.If they don' t fly good,I' ll put on 4" helical feathers.[:-]
Old 08-24-2003, 05:52 AM

You know I didn' t think about telling ya' ll that I' m shooting a slight offset vane instead of a full helical. [8D]
And my favorite heads have been Spitfires and they are super sharp. But these Boss bullets I have are extremely sharp too. I could shave hair on my arm with very little effort. I just ordered some replacement blades so I' ll check them out.
Did you get the regular Boss or the Boss bullets,Droptines ?
Old 08-24-2003, 04:43 PM

They are the " BOSS" heads.Vented blades.I was able to shave some hair off,but it took some effort,more than I' m used to.I could shave my whole are in 1 min.with New Archery blades.The 85 gr. T-heads have a little bit more blade than the BOSS.I would like to use the BOSS heads, but I' m not sure about those blades.
Then again, I have used the " Rocket" heads as a bench mark,on wich I judge ALL other heads.So, as you know,if the Rocket blades can kill a deer,then almost ANY head will do the trick []

Quick Reply: Wasp Boss Bullets.....first impressions !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.