Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow Testing, how to number your arrows?

Old 08-18-2003, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Arrow Testing, how to number your arrows?

With all the recent talk on arrow quality and " yield" per batch, I thought I' d take another hard look at my ACCs.

I only purchased 6, so I guess right off the odds are against me . I have three that shoot the same, and I quit testing in the midst of the rest, as my " groups" were opening up and I think it was primarily because I was in a hurry (I' m at work, was on " break" ). I want to finish when I have adequate time, but am curious about something.

How do you guys mark or number your arrows so you can identify them, without leaving something permanent on them like a magic markered number on the fletch? I can keep them straight during testing, but once I close the bow case, I' d have to start all over
Old 08-18-2003, 02:57 PM

Default RE: Arrow Testing, how to number your arrows?

Why not permanently number them? I write a small number on the cock vane of my arrows. Since some of the areas I hunt require positive identification of the hunter somewhere on the arrow, my broadhead arrows also have that info.
Old 08-18-2003, 02:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Most archery supply places have numbered peel and stick dots that you stick on the shaft. Most times shooters stick ' em between the back of the fletch and the nock.
Old 08-18-2003, 03:32 PM

I also put a number on one of the vanes with a magic marker. If you ever want to change the number for whatever reason, fingernail polish remover or rubbing alcohol will take off the marker.
Old 08-18-2003, 05:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have always just used a regular ball point pen myself...on the cock vane. Other than a slight decrease in aesthetic value I cannot really see a problem with having numbers on the vanes.

However, I do like Arthur' s suggestion with the stickers....as long as they are placed on the shaft where they will not come in contact with the arrow rest itself....

I just picked up another half dozen Bemans so now is a perfect time for me to do it.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:54 PM
Typical Buck

Magic Marker on the Cock Vane.