Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Very long day at the shop.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

Red face Very long day at the shop.

I ordered some new string and cables for my bow and had some problems with the string twisting after multiple trips to the shop for adjustments nothing worked and company sent me a new cable to fix this.

So I get there first thing as with the season a week away people are flocking so I wanna get my new string on and away before the crowds.

Get new string on and needed a new kisser put on. Go to shoot and get my string settled in. 25 shots later we move the peep and begin to work on my sight. Robin Hood an arrow and go to get a final tweek on my peep. Go back and "thwack" new rip cord rest didn't fall. Just had it put on last week. Get that arrow and arrow and "thwack" again.

2 arrows fused together and now a busted fletching on another. We take some shop arrows and sling them and the tech watches my drop away never drop several times.

Pull new Rip Cord off the shelf to replace the faulty one, and I just tell the guys I am going to lunch. By now its 11:40am crowded and my son and buddy are hungry and I am not exactly happy, just want a break away from stuff breaking.

Come back an hour later and bow is all together waiting on me. I grab my 3 surviving arrows and go shoot. Perfect, get the allen tool and start micro adjusting my sight. Shoot 30 times or so and get things lined back up pretty quick. Need to do my other pins at home, but kept drilling targets at 20 yards just to make sure everything worked.

Go to leave and think everyone feels sorry for me. Been there 7 or 8 times in a little over a month. They charge me for the kisser button, and wish me good luck in the woods. I thank them for all the help and wish them all luck in the woods next week also.

Now to refletch my arrow, got the robin hooded one on top of my gun cabinet with my other one and first deer kill arrow.

Will shoot tomorrow at home to dial in my other pins and dream at night of smoking a deer with it in 6 days.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:56 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Krypt Keeper
I ordered some new string and cables for my bow and had some problems with the string twisting after multiple trips to the shop for adjustments nothing worked and company sent me a new cable to fix this.

So I get there first thing as with the season a week away people are flocking so I wanna get my new string on and away before the crowds.

Get new string on and needed a new kisser put on. Go to shoot and get my string settled in. 25 shots later we move the peep and begin to work on my sight. Robin Hood an arrow and go to get a final tweek on my peep. Go back and "thwack" new rip cord rest didn't fall. Just had it put on last week. Get that arrow and arrow and "thwack" again.

2 arrows fused together and now a busted fletching on another. We take some shop arrows and sling them and the tech watches my drop away never drop several times.

Pull new Rip Cord off the shelf to replace the faulty one, and I just tell the guys I am going to lunch. By now its 11:40am crowded and my son and buddy are hungry and I am not exactly happy, just want a break away from stuff breaking.

Come back an hour later and bow is all together waiting on me. I grab my 3 surviving arrows and go shoot. Perfect, get the allen tool and start micro adjusting my sight. Shoot 30 times or so and get things lined back up pretty quick. Need to do my other pins at home, but kept drilling targets at 20 yards just to make sure everything worked.

Go to leave and think everyone feels sorry for me. Been there 7 or 8 times in a little over a month. They charge me for the kisser button, and wish me good luck in the woods. I thank them for all the help and wish them all luck in the woods next week also.

Now to refletch my arrow, got the robin hooded one on top of my gun cabinet with my other one and first deer kill arrow.

Will shoot tomorrow at home to dial in my other pins and dream at night of smoking a deer with it in 6 days.
I hate the cascade effect, when things start to go downhill when your working on a bow and it just keeps sliding with things you can't control. Sounds like a good shop though if they gave you a free rest and did the service free, only charging you for the kisser..