Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How does X influence your Purchasing? (survey)

Old 08-10-2003, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How does X influence your Purchasing? (survey)

I am definitely a reluctant equipment buyer. I still think that any of the bows I have had since 1991 could shoot better than I can, as long as they fit properly and were well tuned.

The ads for new stuff gets my attention, but I pay much more attention to the experiences of fellow posters on this board. Actual experiences, not ads.

I generally try to get enough info to decide if any new gear will really be a true upgrade or not before I shell out the bucks.

Some guys on this forum seem to have a good combination of experience, common sense, and the ability to analyze and evaluate things, while others seem pretty biased for or against things. I value the opinion of the objective, and place less importance on the biased opinions.

As far as bows, I always ask myself, " Can I get more speed? Less noise? Less recoil?" Can I get those things and still shoot the bow accurately?"
Only a few bows I have gotten in the past few years have been truely dissappointing, but many have been underwhelming, especially compared to the ads and hype. I am very happy with my Bowtech though, thanks Jeff B. and Matt!

I know it' s been said many times through the years, but arrows are the most important part of the equipment in terms of consistent shooting. A lot of people would probably say I am crazy to shoot ACCs through a Whisker Biscuit, but the combination is shooting better and more consistently for me than another carbon arrow shot off a very popular drop away rest that was mounted on a bow that many have called the greatest compound bow of all time!

I guess I really still look at a product and ask..." Can it really do anything for me that I can' t do already?"

I don' t really have a good pro shop to go to unless I find time to go to the place where PABowntr works. I have to get there a time or two before summer is over.
Old 08-18-2003, 05:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: How does X influence your Purchasing? (survey)

Thank you for the compliment Jeff. I am sorry that I did not get to see it until now but am glad that I did. I hope to see you up at the shop sometime soon.

We don' t have any ACCs in stock though...