Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What letoff is my bow.

Old 08-07-2003, 12:08 AM

Default What letoff is my bow.

Hi, I need some help finding out what letoff my new Hoyt Razortec is. I ordered my bow through a proshop and when I got it and drew back it felt alot different then my 65% letoff older bow that I have. I asked the proshop guy what letoff this was and he said it should be 65% because that is what they ordered for me. Is there any way I can tell what letoff my bow is by the different lettering on the label or numbers on the cams. Thank You
Old 08-07-2003, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What letoff is my bow.

Yeh, there' s a more accurate way than even reading the factory info. Put the bow on a bow scale. Measure the peak weight and then the holding weight after it lets off at full draw. Divide the holding weight by the peak weight. This gives you the percentage of your holdingweight compared to the peak weight. Subtract this from 1 and you have your answer. For instance say your bow peaks at 60lbs and at full draw the scale reads 20. Divide the 20 by 60, The result is .333 Subtract this from 1 and you get .667 Move the decimal 2 places to the right and you have your letoff %.
Hope this helps.