Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

endless knot for dloop

Old 07-05-2011, 12:27 AM
Spike

Default endless knot for dloop

can anyone tell me how to tie an endless knot for a Dloop?
Thanks in advance
Old 07-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

Got this from another guy on another forum.

It's easy. You wick ten or so rounds of FastFlite or bowstring material around the tips of two of your fingers. Then tie the free ends together.

Now you have a "string ring"!

Put it behind the bowstring so that it stretches across the middle of the ring (halves it), and the knot where you tied the ends is near the bowstring. Fold the ring toward you, so that it forms the "D" on the bowstring. At this moment, it didn't have to be at its proper position. Anywhere on the bowstring would do. But now you'll have to put the "D" on the outside of the nocking point.

Now is the time for some fine fingerplay. You'll have to serve the "D" from the upper to the lower point where the string ring went around the bowstring. Make sure the lower fold goes below the lower nocking point!

That would be it.

Last edited by mofire; 07-05-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:42 AM
Spike

Bloody great thanks for that I appreciate the effort
Old 07-17-2011, 05:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good to know in a pinch but seems like a lot of effort when you can just purchase D loop string and tie your loop in. I don't see any advantage over using a hand tied string.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:24 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Good to know in a pinch but seems like a lot of effort when you can just purchase D loop string and tie your loop in. I don't see any advantage over using a hand tied string.
I agree that there is little advantage to this type of loop. It doesn't grip the string so you can't use it for minor peep alignment. I tried it and found that it was very inconsistent and moved easily. I had to tie in nock points above and below the arrow. More trouble than it's worth.

Others have used similar loops with the entire loop below the arrow and found that it helped avoid torquing the loop. They could hold their release at any angle with little effect on groups. But you can do the same thing with regular loop rope.

Fun to try and it may work for you, but it didn't work for me.

Allen