Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

[Deleted]

Old 01-28-2002, 09:33 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-28-2002, 11:14 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-28-2002, 12:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: twists in cable and string

Are you sure it's not twisting (to shorten) string = lower poundage/shorten drawlength and twisting (to shorten) cables = higher poundage/longer drawlength? As the bowstring stretches it increases in weight and as the cables stretch it decreases in weight.
Old 01-28-2002, 12:42 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-28-2002, 01:09 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-28-2002, 04:40 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-28-2002, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

chdeerbio, you might want to mark your limb bolts. My guess would be that your limb bolts backed out. I have never heard of a bow losing poundage with age. Buss cables have very little loaded tension in comparison with your main string. If you lost poundage, I would bet on the limb bolts backing out.
Old 01-28-2002, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

Siskyou, you had me wondering and I had to look it up to make sure, I also did this and it was to a moderator (sorry PA) and got myself set straight by Tribalscream. Oh well.
Chdeerbio, about the only way to know for sure is to measure them up to see if they have stretched. Only problem is you will need to know what length they actually were and not what the sticker says. I've seen fastflight stretch quite a bit but twisting the cable up may get you back to where you need to be. Big Country may be right about the limb bolts loosening. I've had them turn out too.
Old 01-29-2002, 03:49 AM

I've heard that with the technological advances in the last ten years to strings and cables, we shouldn't be twisting them because they wear out faster. I was also told the proper way to adjust your bow was to loosen or tighten your limb bolts.
My bow was set at 64 lbs. at the factory and I'm up to 72 now, and I tightened my limb bolts to do it. Didn't have to take my string off or anything, just put a wrench on it and turned both bolts the same amount, then drew the string back and made sure both cams stopped at the same time.
It was easy!
Old 01-29-2002, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

I think the adjusting weight by the limb bolts is different then what was being asked, but I could be wrong. Last I've seen the companies and string manufacturers are telling you to have twists in your string. I believe it is something like one twist per two inches length. Prolongs the string life by making it stronger, lessens the amount of string twist and allows adjustability for putting cams in time.

Edited by - IroquoisArcher on 01/29/2002 07:46:47

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.