Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help with LX grip

Old 08-02-2003, 05:34 PM

Default Help with LX grip

I thought the LX would be different from all the other bows I' ve owned but NOT[:' (]. After shooting the bow for a couple of weeks, the grip is popping. Normally I take the grip off, cover the inside with silicon, squeeze till it' s seated, remove the excess, tape it tight with electrical tape and let it set for 24 hours. It has been really tough to get the grips off the Mathews bows I have owned in the past. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to remove a Mathews grip. I would greatly appricate any help. Don
Old 08-02-2003, 07:34 PM

Default RE: Help with LX grip

If your grip is already popping...It should come off with a little coaxing....Usually you can pull out on the bottom till it pops off.....Hope this helps ya.....
Old 08-02-2003, 09:53 PM

heat the grip and immediate riser area with a hair dryer to help loosen the adhesive that Mathews uses and slowly use a flat head screwdriver to work the grip lose.
Old 08-03-2003, 09:02 AM

I put a Leosch grip on mine about a month ago. I took a heat gun and heated the grip. Then a took a fairly small block of wood and put it against the side of the stock grip(slid it up against the grip edge on the riser) and tapped it with a hammer. It came off fairly easy!! Good Luck!!
Old 08-03-2003, 11:11 AM

Thanks guys, I knew the answer would be found here. Don