Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Crimson Talon or Grim Reaper ?

Old 08-01-2003, 05:55 PM

Default Crimson Talon or Grim Reaper ?

I just purchased a set of Crimson Talon broadheads at 100 grains. These look exceptional! I was set on buying Grim Reapers at the same weight but I decided on the Talons instead. I have a new bow, a PSE FireStorm Lite at 65 lbs, 26 3/4" draw length shooting a 3 fletch carbon arrow. Which broadhead do you think would be the best? Did I make a right choice? I do know this, these 2 broadheads are no doubt the best on the market for their types. They will take over the market in the near future I think.
Old 08-01-2003, 06:13 PM

Default RE: Crimson Talon or Grim Reaper ?

I am not that fond of the talon. I am sure it will do its job on deer but it is one of the flimsiest (sp?) fixed heads out there. They are almost impossible to shoot into a target and not ruin. you can' t pull them out or you will crush the blades.

personally I will stick to other fixed heads like Muzzy or Thunders and a few others.

The grim reaper is a Good mechanical - the " best" well.............probably not

At 26.5" draw I suggest you go with the talon

Good Luck
Old 08-01-2003, 06:24 PM
nub

I do know this, these 2 broadheads are no doubt the best on the market for their types. They will take over the market in the near future I think.
I can only imagine one reason why a person would make those comments. You work there.[]
Old 08-01-2003, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do know this, these 2 broadheads are no doubt the best on the market for their types.
...If that is true then why would you ask if you made the right choice? []

...I' m just pulling your chain...

You are right on one account. I think the Red Talons are the only head to use " air foil" technology so they would be the only one in that class.

I would stick with a fixed blade head due to your draw length. How about some of those four bladed Stingers from Magnus, they are guaranteed for life, you can' t beat that.[:-]
Old 08-02-2003, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

What antler said
Old 08-03-2003, 09:06 AM

I think you will find that Crimson Talon heads are not legal in ontario. Our regs on broadheads say straight unserrated blades only. Might be something to think about if you are coming to ontario to hunt.
Shawn
Old 08-04-2003, 09:27 AM
Typical Buck

Same here in PA. The curve of the CT broadhead makes them illegal according to the regs.