Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

NAP 2000RG or muzzy for roller guard??

Old 07-31-2003, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default NAP 2000RG or muzzy for roller guard??

Anyone using this new rest from NAP that is made for the mathews bows with the roller guard? If so how does it work compared to the muzzy for the roller guard. I am looking to buy one of these rests, but have not heard anything good or bad on either.
Old 08-02-2003, 06:47 AM

Default RE: NAP 2000RG or muzzy for roller guard??

Not much real info. here !
But I tried the NAP for about five minutes. It has about a 0" set back, making my current arrows 3/4" too short. And it was a little noisy and has some unwanted vibration.

I decided to go with a QS Deluxe Wisker Biscuit !

Haven' t seen the Muzzy , but I have heard it requires a fair amount of modification.(?)
Old 08-02-2003, 09:11 AM

I have the MZE on my LX and it is quiet,also, with the MZE you don`t have any problems with arrow lenght.The only thing I would like to see with the MZE would be a better cable attachment.I had to put servering inside of it to keep it from moving.
Old 08-02-2003, 09:13 AM

I have to disagree with the Muzzy modification. I put one on my LX and it was as idiot proof as you can get. Watch the video ,read the instruction, install rest, shoot bullet holes thru paper, smile and enjoy a great purchase. Some may have problems but the 3 I' ve put on (2 standard and the roller guard) have been extremely easy to install and tune. You may have a problem picking an arrow, as everything I have shot thru these rest seem to fly like darts. Don the happy Muzzy owner.
Old 08-02-2003, 09:21 AM

Trestand, I would contact Muzzy(great people to deal with) if you think the fault is with the cable attachment. I assume you are talking about the roller guard. I would venture they will send you a new attachement at no charge. I have removed and reattached mine several times while twisting the crappy Zebra string and cables(Winners choice is looking better every day) and it went back with no problems. Don
Old 08-02-2003, 09:35 AM

Don,Thanks for your concern.I`ll be calling Muzzy on Monday about the cable attachment.My LX is the third bow that I have had a MZE on and have always liked the performance.Question,I changed out the Zebra Twist for a Bowman Custom String the day the MZE went on,do you think that has anything to with it?
Old 08-02-2003, 05:22 PM

You might have found the answer. The Bowman might be smaller in diameter. I have been concidering serving the area where the attachement is just for the extra padding but the fit is just about right now and I could end up with to much bulk. Have you concidered serving the area where the Muzzy attaches. If you serve it tight, that might solve your problem. Don
Old 08-04-2003, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info. It looks like I will be getting the muzzy and giving it a shot. I found a place that I can buy one for $70. I was surprised that it was actually cheaper than the standard model. Maybe that is because the roller guard bows are so expensive!