Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

? for those that shoot " skinny" carbon arrows

Old 08-02-2003, 06:25 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ? for those that shoot " skinny" carbon arrows

Len--

It wasn' t " just my troubles in the 90' s" . The industry has moved on because the designs have been upgraded. I made no mistake---of course you can still buy pultrudeds here and there, heck you can still buy 2020 gamegetters too if you look hard enough. But the fact remains that there are few companies building them, and there are reasons for that. That was my point, and I gave MY reasons why I prefer the newer shafts, as you gave you reasons why you prefer the pultrudeds.

Yes, I am a dinosaur from days gone by, just like you. I like you have over 35 years invested in this sport and industry, and have tested things on all levels, not just hunting. I sit in a stand just like you about four months of the year, but I also shoot tournaments the rest of the year as time permits.

Like I said, whatever you wish to shoot is your choice, no biggie. But let me leave you with these links below, as I always try back up my opinions with other testaments.. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12

Links---

http://www.edersbow.com/publication/...ew/default.cfm

and--

http://www.tracker-outdoors.com/arrow.htm

Enjoy!
Old 08-02-2003, 05:17 PM

Default RE: ? for those that shoot " skinny" carbon arrows

Thank you for those ' commercial advertising' references, PW. Do you really believe the manufacturers exclusively? For the most part, they just confirm the reasons why I like to use the pultruded. If you want straightness, it really is either the pultruded or the ACCs. Again, quite a price difference to get straight arrows; and, especially ones that don' t crack at the nock end and swallow the insert at the other end. I know they' re improving the wrapped carbons over time. After all, they have increased the weight by various techniques. In time I will use them - just not yet.

Enjoy whatever you choose. I do.