Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

newb - some tech questions.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Spike

Default newb - some tech questions.

hey all,
i just got my first Bow, its a PSE stinger with a Diamondback drop down and a cobra sight(batteries are dead, hard to find replacements..but i found a new light on ebay for $10...may just buy that, its probably less than batteries will cost if i ever find them.)
considering my lack of experience i am a fairly good shot. i picked up a hurricane target and @ 10 yrds im hitting where i aim...dont have enough room to safely shoot further.
so im not one to leave things factory on anything i own...i know this has a couple things on it, but i would like to see where i can improve or add some more toys to it.
one thing i was looking at was a rangefinder and i found 2 different types. 1 goes in your sight and you line up the belly of the whitetail with the bottom and then the top of the deer tells you the distance base on which top line its on.
the 2nd one i saw appeared to be a bolt on laser with a trigger. this one looks much cooler to me, and it had a digital display.
any recommendations? ill be probably hunting turkeys and deers.
i also need to get binoculars, would i be better off getting some with a built in range finder?

wondering what benefit i would get if i ran a dual cam system?
would i have a easier draw? more FPS? easier to hold while its drawn? i would really like it easier to hold without loosing performance, my draw weight it 50lbs

i just notices the PSE Omen has cams on top and bottom, mine has a single idler wheel on top and a dual cam on the bottom.

backstop - i dont have 1, do i need it? the manual says it reduces vibrations but ive seen a lot of pics of bows without them.
what benefit would i have from using a backstop? what do they cost in stores? i found 1 online for about $50