Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Got My Diamond Machete..

Old 07-30-2003, 12:01 PM

Default Got My Diamond Machete..

Had it set up at the shop a few days ago. Went and got it yesterday.. I went and shot it a little bit yesterday too. My arrows werent exactly shooting just real straight(tail was wobbeling). But I figured that it is just because of my form right now since its been about 5 months since i have shot a bow. Got The Dusk Devil sight put on it and a bodoodle rest. Just wondering what kind of Stabilizer you all are putting on the Diamonds? A heavy one? I noticed there was still some shock in it. with my 4 inch doinker.. Its not one of the new ones, but i heard the new ones were good.. Im just guessing right now that the reason why my arrows were flying like darts is just because my form.. Any Hints to get me moving in the right direction? I also got a Tru-ball release, The Glove one.. ANybody had problems with scent control with that? My hands sweat alot so i think i might. The bow is 28 DL and 70 lb PK Wt. Its set on about 60 right now.. The guy didnt know what it was set one cause one of the guys there had is bow weight tool. Ive came to the conclusion the the tubing for my peep is making a heck of alot of noise! Will it break in after a bunch of shots or not? Anyways thanks guys. Probably gonna need more help after a while!
Stealth
Old 07-30-2003, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got My Diamond Machete..

Congrats on the new bow, I' ve heard those machete' a are nice!!
As far as the corscrewing, as long as your not torquing the grip upon release- I doubt it' s your bad form. Most likely the rest needs some adjusting for centershot, or your getting fletching contact. And fletching look abused?

If your shooting a string loop you don' t need that rubber tube. You can use the loop to center your peep. Once you get the string broke in you might have to adjust the loop a tad to one side or the other, but it will work and help pick up some speed and reduce noise at the same time.
Good luck with it.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you have limb savers on it? If not, get some.

The arrow flight could be you or the tune job. You have a quality piece of equipment. Shoot it awhile, and then paper tune it from 5 feet to get an idea of how the arrow is leaving the bow. It' s up to you to decide if it' s you or the tune.

Good Luck
Old 07-31-2003, 05:53 AM

The Machette is a very nice hunting bow. I' m sure it just needs to be tuned a bit, to get your arrows flying great.

I shot a Machette with a 7" doinker, limbsavers and a Sims cable dampener on it. It was as vibration free as any bow I' ve tried, and I' ve tried a lot of them.

Get rid of the peep tubing, that is unless you don' t mind the possibility of a surprise at an inopportune moment. Besides, what hunter needs that rubber slapping noise when their shot goes off?
Old 07-31-2003, 06:12 AM
Typical Buck

I agree with SA, the Machete is a great bow and very vibration/shock free once properly set up. It will take some time getting everything " set" seeing as you now have a new setup, but it shouldn' t take long to be shooting effectively with that bow, they shoot very well, and produce nice speed. Good luck! Pinwheel 12