Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Is Hoyt slipping?

Old 03-18-2011, 06:31 AM
Spike

Default Is Hoyt slipping?

Hey everyone, a while back I posted about a noise in the bottom limb pocket on my 09 Hoyt Alphamax. The bow squeaked like crazy when it was drawn, so I took it to my local pro-shop to have the bow evaluated. Needless to say Hoyt wanted the bow sent back to the factory for repairs, so the bow was sent off on Feb. 11. On Feb. 18th the bow shop called and said my bow was back but it was derailed and the bottom cam was leaning so bad the bow could not be restrung. So Hoyt was contacted and requested the bow be returned for a second time. So on the 21st the bow was returned to Hoyt again for repairs. Yesterday the 17th of March, the bowshop called and said my bow was back and now both cams were leaning so bad it was unshootable, so the bow is going back to Hoyt for the 3rd time. This time my contact at the bowshop called Hoyt and spoke to a manager that assured him the bow would come directly to him this time and the problems would be resolved. My question is; is Hoyt always this inept at fixing problems or do they just not care about satisfied customers anymore? I really like the bow, but this is ridiculous!
Old 03-18-2011, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

Well, a few things about your statements. One, an AM has a split buss cable. So, if the proshop said both cams are leaning, then they didn't adjust out the lean. Its real simple. If they didn't, it can cause the string to derail.

All strings have to be shot in. You can't just get one out of box, tune and be done. I wouldn't let me say.

I love my AM, and can't say I have trouble. I pray that Hoyt keeps up the good work and do not turn into the others. Highly possibly, but doubt it, as they have been doing a good job for decades.

I can't say I have ever had bows with lean so bad, they derail. I have seen shooters that torque a bow so bad, they will derail. Usually first time compound shooters.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:53 PM
Spike

Default Is Hoyt slipping

Like I said in my first post this is an 09 Alphamax, so the string is broken in. Probably time to be replaced to be honest. My bowshop was directed by Hoyt to send the bow back for warranty work, ( for the 3rd time) so the bowshop has only been a go between from me to Hoyt. I have been shooting a compound bow for roughly 20 years and am pretty confident in my shooting form. My problem is why my bow has to be shipped to Utah 3 times for the "professionals" to fix an obvious problem, that didn't even concern "cam lean" in the first place. I am very dissastisfied with Hoyt right now, and to be honest I will never buy another one of their bows. Also I am sure there are people that have had the same Hoyt for 40 years and never had a problem, but that is not my experience.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by smacky
Like I said in my first post this is an 09 Alphamax, so the string is broken in. Probably time to be replaced to be honest. My bowshop was directed by Hoyt to send the bow back for warranty work, ( for the 3rd time) so the bowshop has only been a go between from me to Hoyt. I have been shooting a compound bow for roughly 20 years and am pretty confident in my shooting form. My problem is why my bow has to be shipped to Utah 3 times for the "professionals" to fix an obvious problem, that didn't even concern "cam lean" in the first place. I am very dissastisfied with Hoyt right now, and to be honest I will never buy another one of their bows. Also I am sure there are people that have had the same Hoyt for 40 years and never had a problem, but that is not my experience.
20 years shooting, and you don't know about taking out cam lean with a spit buss cable adjustment?

Okie dokie. If you say so.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BCRules
20 years shooting, and you don't know about taking out cam lean with a spit buss cable adjustment?

Okie dokie. If you say so.
IMO, If the guy does or doesn't know how to do it, doesn't matter but it came back from hoyt that way. I own a mathews but everytime i've bought a new bow always check to see what hoyt has new because it thought they were great bows but that kinda stuff makes me wonder about a company that misses something that simple.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:28 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by stapher1
IMO, If the guy does or doesn't know how to do it, doesn't matter but it came back from hoyt that way. I own a mathews but everytime i've bought a new bow always check to see what hoyt has new because it thought they were great bows but that kinda stuff makes me wonder about a company that misses something that simple.
True, its on the internet, so it has to be true! Right?
Old 03-19-2011, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

Cause everybody's a lair.....Roger that!
Old 03-19-2011, 07:21 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by stapher1
Cause everybody's a lair.....Roger that!
No, because everyone is honest and has best of intentions. You shouldn't be so negitive. Everybody knows it has to be true if on the internet.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Spike

Default Is Hoyt slipping

BCrules wrote;20 years shooting, and you don't know about taking out cam lean with a spit buss cable adjustment?

Okie dokie. If you say

Apparently you have literacy problems, because if you would have read my first post you would see that the original problem wasn't cam lean. It came back from the factory with the lean. Why should I have to fix it myself smart guy? Hoyt screwed it up not me, so quit trying to defend a big bow company that can't get my bow repaired. If you took your car in for something and it came back with another problem would you fix it yourself? I don't think so.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by smacky
BCrules wrote;20 years shooting, and you don't know about taking out cam lean with a spit buss cable adjustment?

Okie dokie. If you say

Apparently you have literacy problems, because if you would have read my first post you would see that the original problem wasn't cam lean. It came back from the factory with the lean. Why should I have to fix it myself smart guy? Hoyt screwed it up not me, so quit trying to defend a big bow company that can't get my bow repaired. If you took your car in for something and it came back with another problem would you fix it yourself? I don't think so.
Because I fix many bows for nieghbors and friends. They all feel that a compound bow should stay tuned year after year. They don't realize or understand that a compound bow takes maintenance.

If your proshop is so dumb they are going to pay 20-35 dollars shipping both ways to take out top cam lean, then they can't be trusted with much.

I guess what I am saying is in a nutshell, your story seems suspect. And I have posted why. So, sure, I read your first post, but not buying what your saying. It just doesn't make sense.

What usually happens is someone gets salty over a problem with a bow. And I understand that with the outrageous prices, but they try to add a bit to the story. Yours is in that category.

I mean, you said the bottom cam lean was so bad, it couldn't be strung??? Give me freakin break. Either your shop is an idiot or well, the obvious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.