Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need Help Getting Glue off Carbon Arrows

Old 07-29-2003, 07:54 AM

Default Need Help Getting Glue off Carbon Arrows

What does everyone do to get the glue off of carbon arrows. Do you scrape the glue off with a knife of some sort or do you soak the arrows in denatured alchohol. Need to get some refletched before the season and don' t have my own fletcher yet so I just want to save my proshop some work.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need Help Getting Glue off Carbon Arrows

Denatured alcohol works ok for light jobs but for the tough jobs i use acetone but not a lot of it because that stuff will remove just about anything. I usually put some on a rag and just lightly rub the shaft until the glue is off. If your pro shop is going to charge you the same price whether the fletches are removed or not then i personally wouldn' t bother with doing it myself i' d just let them do it.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:54 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-29-2003, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Need Help Getting Glue off Carbon Arrows

If your pro shop is going to charge you the same price whether the fletches are removed or not then i personally wouldn' t bother with doing it myself i' d just let them do it.
I absolutely agree. Mykey' s right on top of this' n.

But, to answer the question, I scrape the glue off with a semi sharp knife, being very careful to not dig into the shaft.