Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Patriot owners, feel free to comment

Old 07-28-2003, 10:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Patriot owners, feel free to comment

Could be the rest is dropping erraticlly seeing it is alway high.

How does your cable guard look compared to mine?
I just ran a tape on mine and the rest is parral (sp) to the cable guard.

Just a plain old bar of soap will help with the pulling

Matt
The flyer is never the same arrow
Old 07-28-2003, 10:15 PM
nub

Aus: My bracket? Overdraw plate? Appears to be cocked up towards the cable rod. When I mounted it, I thought it was tight and flush to the risor and shelf. Yours appears to run parrellel to your rod. Bet thats causeing me an occasional bind. What ya think? I thought it was OK, I could actually get a bolt in both holes if I wanted to. Figured that was square to the mounting holes.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:22 PM
nub

Matt: Checked that right away. It was always a random flyer out of 5 and not on every end shot. Some ends would have no flyers. I tied some lube stuff today and it was still a bear. Could be the type of foam I' m useing.

Ausie: Good pic by the way. Once I figured out why you had so many strings on your bow.[] I' ll reset parralel to the cable rod tomorrow and watch my troubles dissapear.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nub.

I have about a 3/8 gap between the riser and the overdraw plate if you put it hard up against the riser that will cause the rest not to drop fast enough and will be NOISY.
Have you seen the slow mo video of that rest on the shot, man if it was a bull none of the PBR guys would stay on for 8 seconds.

Try moving the overdraw bracket back so you have a gap then shoot some tomorrow cause I know ya shoulder is sore
Old 07-28-2003, 10:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I held the bow up against a door and with the flash it showed the string shadows.
But hey having 2 strings and 4 cables sure does help with string stretch[][&:]
Old 07-28-2003, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nub, I have a new Patriot single and I' m not sure if I' m happy about it' s performance either. I went to this new bow from a Hoyt Vortec 2001 model and I must be honest when I tell you that the Patriot is not even close to the Vortec. It' s balance is inferior, it' s noisier, and much less forgiving. Speed is about the same and tuning has been a problem especially with broadheads. The Vortec always shot broadheads the same as fields. Nub, I get an occassional flyer too for no apparent reason. 65lbs., 25 1/2 in. draw, muzzy 125' s, trophy taker rest, string loop.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Blechhhh........ Geez I don' t know. I have installed and used enough Muzzy ZE' s to feel that it really shouldn' t be the rest. I have never seen what you are describing regarding that rest.....its just so consistent being that it is driven away. I' ve never seen a slide bind, not saying that it CAN' T happen, heck anything can happen. (len in Maryland is probably the authority for all things weird regarding a Zero Effect)

I really suspect something nock related........it doesn' t take much of a difference in pressure to send arrows exactly high and low.
" Back in the Day" when I shot off the string with a tied in nock set / eliminator button under the nock I got a demonstration of this......I was shooting great groups, and BAM next arrow 8" low? 3 more right in there.........BAM another 8" low??? Ahhhhhhhhhh [] Turns out it was the eliminator button itself wearing out and at an uneven rate........it would spin and at certain angles become very loose fitting causing the exactly low flyer. I cut it off, and slid up a new one and the flyer disappeared completely. (Also caused me to scrap the whole set-up completely........couldn' t trust that one again!)

If it were my set-up......I' d punt and start over with the loop. Tie in a served in nock set above and below the point of the nock. Leave a bit of room for some air between the bottom of the nock and the bottom tied in nock set, and then tie an offset loop completely around the 2 tied in nock sets. That way there is ZERO pressure on your upper Knot and you eliminate any possible pinch by adding the bottom set with a small gap between. Works terrific for me on my Patriot Dually........mine is scary accurate with no fliers.

Or you could have a rest problem!
Old 07-28-2003, 10:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Geronimo
Try a 100 gr muzzy.
On my 02 single cam Pat I was able to get my broad heads and field points to impact in the same hole you just have to make very small movements in or out of the rest then resight in with field points then shoot a broadhead if the gap widened move the rest in the other direction it is a time consuming process but it can be done.
As for fliers it is hard to tune them out of single cam bows due to the string lenght and the power coming from only one end of the bow add that with un even nock travel.

Thats the main reason I have never been comfortable with solo cam bows
Old 07-29-2003, 12:14 AM

Hmmm, both my ' 02 Pat single and ' 03 Pat Dually drive tacks, scarry accurate!!! But then again maybe it' s not the bows Nub, are you putting too much heal of your hand into the grip? It seems weird that your loop is creeping up the string. The grip on the ' 03' s is very low and I could see that if there is too much pressure low on the grip that it could make verticle fliers. I noticed that the ZE adds quite a bit of overdraw, have you tried a different rest and get the same fliers? Keep your chin up!!!
Old 07-29-2003, 02:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I too found my new single cam bowtec to be quiet a chore to tune compared to the last 4 bows I' ve owned. Especially when trying to use a dropaway.

I, for now, put my WB back on and am no longer pulling my hair out, which is a good thing as I was starting to look freakish.

Geronimo, your not alone. Great bows maybe, $625.00 bows- not in my book. Maybe I' m not good enough for it??? []

One day I will love my new bow(I keep telling myself), ONCE I' m all dialed in I hope to be an unpaid BT salesman. Till then, till then.

With all that said, I' m busting nocks at 26 yards, so things are looking up

Quick Reply: Patriot owners, feel free to comment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.