Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Saunders Deadly Quiet silencer review

Old 07-24-2003, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Saunders Deadly Quiet silencer review

Since I have a 28" draw length, I like to keep my string as bare as possible to transfer the most potential energy to the arrow as possible. Currently, I only have a TRU speed nok and 2 sims leaches. My Hornet is pretty much quiet to start, which helps a lot, as does the 8" stealth.

Ok, I' ve had this on my bow for a few weeks now. I' ve been shooting every day or so, in a storage building next to our office, at a bag target. The building is my Grandfathers, and it was chock full of chit until recently. When I was shooting in it with the building full of stuff, it was hard to discern a noise level from anything, as there was lot' s of stuff to soak up the noise. However he recently had it cleaned out (2 biggest dumpsters full of crap), leaving it pretty much bare. Now, even the slightest noise echos like the grand canyon. Simply lightly snapping your finger seems to fill the space. It' s LOUD.

I was shooting along, and the arrow impacting the bag target seemed terribly loud. I then noticed that it was pretty much the ony sound I was hearing. When I started paying attention to it, I noticed that all my bow was producing was a very very dull and light thud. It was noticeable less quiet now with the empty building than it was without the Saunders in a full building. I can only imagine how quiet it will be when I shoot it outside.

I found the saunders mounts easily, stays solid, doesn' t obstruct your sight or mess with the balance of the bow, and seems to work as advertised, very well I might add. If you are looking to control string noise without a loss of speed, check it out. It' s made for you
Old 07-24-2003, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Saunders Deadly Quiet silencer review

Interesting, what is the setup you are using it on?
Old 07-24-2003, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Diamond Hornet, 28" draw at 70#, ACC 3-49, finished arrow weight just under 350 grains. Should be loud, but it' s anything but...
Old 07-24-2003, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Range did you take off the leaches ?
Old 07-24-2003, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not yet. I put them on last fall, didn' t really notice a sound dampening effect. I plan to leave them on and chrono my bow, then take them of and re-chrono (got one for x-mas, still in the box). If I gain fps without them and don' t notice a big noise increase, they' ll stay off.

However, the shot is noticeabley quieter now with the Saunders than it was prior with just leaches.
Old 07-24-2003, 01:38 PM

Rangeball, had you previously paper tuned your set up before putting the saunders on or since you have had it on? The reason I ask is because I have a buzz buster and it made my bow super quite but I paper tested the bow with the buzz buster on and as was getting a high tear. I took the bb off and was getting bullet holes again. I adjusted my nock trying to get rid of the high tear but as long as the buzz buster was on I kept getting a high tear. Right now I am shooting with cut down rubber spider leg string silencers and am interested in the saunders. If you have paper test or intend to in the near future let me know how it goes.
Old 07-24-2003, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

LA, No I haven' t, haven' t seen a need to. I' m currently drilling arrows right where I aim, which is a pleasant change , so I don' t plan to mess with anything.

Arrow flight seems unchanged. If I was out of whack a bit, I suspect I would see something funny going downrange, but I haven' t.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:31 PM
pup

yea i had one and i liked it untill at my first shoot with it a feild round it broke and really messes me up.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I assume you got the regular deadly quiet and not the pro?
I have a pro deadly quiet on back order and it is supposed to ship early next week.
I tried the buzz buster, but it wouldn' t work on my bow.
The pro deadly quiet looked like a better fit for my bow, so that' s the one I ordered. Now I wait.
I currently have no string silencing stuff on my bow, so I' m hoping it will be quiet enough with just the deadly quiet and I' ll be able to keep my 3 fps!!
Old 07-25-2003, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dave, yes I am referring to the original...

Quick Reply: Saunders Deadly Quiet silencer review

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.