Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fletch Colors for Hunting, LETS HEAR IT!!!

Old 07-24-2003, 09:12 AM

Default Fletch Colors for Hunting, LETS HEAR IT!!!

Just curious to see what colors of fletching everyone is using for hunting and why.

I use Flex Fletch 4" vanes, 2-Chartrouse and 1-White. I like to be able to see the vanes in flight and see it sticking in the ground when the job is done. Also the Whit vane makes it easy to see what kind of blood you got.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fletch Colors for Hunting, LETS HEAR IT!!!

I used to use black and brown for the camo-like effect. However, I like to find my arrows after I' ve shot and I like to have a better idea of where it hits. I now use two whites and one flourescent green vane on my arrows.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:21 AM

I use 2 yellow and 1 white feathers with a white eze-crest type wrap on my arrow, makes them very easy to see and tell what type of blood you have.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:22 AM

I also like them bright
Old 07-24-2003, 09:33 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-24-2003, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dipped arrows (white), four inch feathers all the same color, either in white, florescent yellow, Chartreuse, or bright green (for snowy conditions).

I met another hunter at the parking lot after a hunt one time and when he saw my arrows he almost went beserk. I can' t use the same words he did, but in essence he was saying " My goodness, your arrows are bright" !

Have my bright arrows ever spooked a game animal being that I use a two piece quiver whether I' m hunting deer in a tree or elk in the mountains, you ask?? Well in all honesty the answer is definitely yes, but the only times it has occurred, it has scared the critter to death .
Old 07-24-2003, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

I might be the oddball here when it comes to colors of fletchings. I used to care about the colors, but don' t anymore. I really don' t think that after all the years of hunting that I have done, that the color of the arrows really were of any real detriment in finding the arrow after the shot, or determining what type of blood I have on the arrow or ground. I never follow my arrow in flight, so that reason does not apply to me. I can see the impact of the arrow when it hits my target no matter what color it is. I have so many different colors of vanes and fethers lying around right now, that I will fletch an arrow with any color that is in hands reach. I use a four fletched arrow so I don' t care what color is fletched where on the arrow. After all the vanes and feathers are gone, I' ll probably go back to my 2 black, two blue combo.

Now on my longbow, recurve arrows, I like to stick with my two black, one white combo.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use 3 black vanes and a black nock.

If I can see the arrow in flight I tend to peek and not follow through properly.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like two white, one gray barred with white nocks. If I can' t get gray bar, I use all white.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:28 AM

1 Chartreuse and 2 florescent orange.

Quick Reply: Fletch Colors for Hunting, LETS HEAR IT!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.