Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Used Bear Compound Bow

Old 07-24-2003, 08:54 AM

Default Used Bear Compound Bow

I posted a message in another area, but that may be the wrong place so I am trying here also. Recently I bought a Bear Compound Bow at a garage sale. There is no visible damage other than needing to be restrung. Here is my question: I have never owned a bow or bow hunted. I need to know what things I will need to get in order to be able to practice and be ready to hunt this year. The only thing I have is a quiver. I don' t even know what model of bow I have, all I can find on it is that the draw is 29" . How can I get more info on my bow? If I put a picture here will anyone be able to help me?
Old 07-24-2003, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Used Bear Compound Bow

Since Bear has been making compounds since 1974, it would be a definite help if we could see the bow, just to know what geological era we' re looking at.

Really, though, you' re going to need to go to a shop to get a string anyway. With the bow in hand, they' d be far more able to tell you the things you really need to know right now.