Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Shooters are the

Old 07-23-2003, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowtech Shooters are the

new stone mountain strings as good as the winners choice stringe were? I would appreciate everyones opinion that has shot both strings. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:49 PM

Default RE: Bowtech Shooters are the

They seem to be good strings - very good for stock strings.

IMO the servings and overall quality is not on par with WC.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Rack Attack! The Pro Shop that sells them in my area only has a price difference of $4. I was impressed with the Winners Choice but I have also heard good things about the Stone Mountain so I figured I would ask the folks that had compared apples to apples.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:52 PM

Stone Mountain strings is quiet good but I still use WC on my new 2003 Patriot SC.
WC is still the King of Strings.
Never had a problem with WC. This string is my fifth string purchases from WC and I tell you I never was unhappy. Great product and great customers service.

Vodek
Old 07-23-2003, 04:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

In my experiences so far they are pretty similar in performance........ I cringed myself when I heard that BowTech wasn' t using Winner' s CHoice for 2003.
From what I' ve seen on my 2 BowTech Duallys and the Stone Mountain strings that concern/fear was unnecessary........What I' ve found is that they seem to have a tiny bit of initial creep that settles out very quickly. My Pro40 Dually finally moved a tiny bit after months of being out of the box solid. I have been out in the heat shooting and I think that may have contributed........no biggie a twist or 2 and I should be right back to where I was.

My Patriot Dually needed to be synched twice since I have it.......February. And only a couple of twists at that. Initially and then again after a few hundred shots. Everything was rock solid after that.

This experience with Stone Mountain is only very slightly behind what I had with my Pro38 Dual Cam and my other BowTechs that had Winner' s CHoice, and I' ve had to look hard to put one ahead of the other.

The Stone Mountain Strings are definitely QUIETER....much less guitar sounding twang, and they don' t fuzz up nearly as bad as WC stuff. I have had no serving or quality problems whatsoever but have heard a few instances where people have........Then again I' ve also heard of limited serving/quality problems with WC as well, so no biggie, it happens to the best.

I really liked my Winner' s Choice strings/cables over the last few years, but have been MORE THAN pleasantly surprised at the quality I have seen in the Stone Mountain stuff. For me personally it' s been a non-issue, and BowTech should STILL get credit for the quality of their factory installed offerings.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty much exactly what Matt said

I' ve found them to have a bit more creep intially, but have not had any center or end serving problems (on 3 different bows)

And also as Matt said, they are noticeably quieter than a WC. WC strings have a noticeabl " PLOCK" sound that kind of erks me. I put a a WC string on my CyberTec and it definitely picked up that " plock" sound. Of course, otherwise, it wa a far superior string to the HOyt factory stuff.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

If given a choice, I' d take WCCB but so far I haven' t felt the need to change out the Stone Mountain strings. They are the best " Stock" bowstrings I' ve encountered yet.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I appreciate the input guys. I have one more question though. Do any of you guys know what the string length is on the 01 Patriot? The writing on the label on my bow has long since disappeared. Thanks again!
Old 07-23-2003, 09:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

string length is on the 01 Patriot?
They never did put a string on an 01 patriot.
Mainly because they where not introduced until 02

As far as the WC, SM strings go I did have serving seperation on my 02 Pat but have had no problems what so ever with either of my 03 bows which have the SM strings and with close to 15k shots through each.
I do know that when the string needs changing I will be putting a SM string back on
Old 07-23-2003, 10:29 PM

I haven' t really noticed to much diff. in either strings.MY pat had the WC and both of my blk have the stone mountain on them and both have held up terrific.

{KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE}[8D]
Old 07-23-2003, 11:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' d have to say the strings on my 03 bows are as good as those on my 01' s. My P40 Dually has been synched & timed twice, my Pat Dually once. The Stone Mountain strings are much quieter. I plan to stay with Stone Mountain when the time comes.

Quick Reply: Bowtech Shooters are the

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.