Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rocket Steelhead problem

Old 07-23-2003, 08:34 AM

Default Rocket Steelhead problem

I know I heard this somewhere before - but at the time it didn' t concern me so I probably didn' t listen

But....Not one of my 3 new 100grn steelheads will screw into my goldtip inserts. The threads don' t even touch - not even close[:@]

Is this a fluke?

Will I be able to use them with my GT' s or what????

Rocket help line here I come - time to wake out of your coma and answer a few questions
Old 07-23-2003, 09:43 AM

Default RE: Rocket Steelhead problem

They would barely catch in my A/C/C inserts(only about 2 threads) .

Old 07-23-2003, 10:07 AM

Did you contact them??
Old 07-23-2003, 10:23 AM

Actually I did because of that and because I feel those heads are very noisy (the o-ring does not fit snug against the ferrule and I think the wind causes excessive noise in those gaps ) and it cost me a couple of deer..........one of which was similar to yours ! [:@]

They sent me a smart a$$ note back ,that between the lines said " sh!t happens get over it" , and a video (wow) !!

I think there was a thread a month or so ago about how bad their customer service is ...........

I became furious last night trying to change out blades in my Rocket Hammerheads because of the screw design, but I will not contact them this time......just won' t buy anymore of their products !
Old 07-23-2003, 10:33 AM

Thanks for the heads up - I will look into the noise.

At least I know Cabelas will take them back - but I would still like to use them.

Hope I get a better response than you did[X(]
Old 07-23-2003, 11:01 AM

I have one of 12 arrows/inserts that will not accept my Rocket Steelheads. I have to think it is the insert, as I have no problems with the other 11 arrows. I bought the arrows already made at a local shop, so I know nothing about the inserts.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

I seem to recall somebody else having problems with the lighter variations of some of the Rocket heads (I think it was the ultimate steel 75). Seems to me that Rocket is shortening the length of the threads to make weight.

I have never seen a Thunderhead, Muzzy, or Montec that did not have enought thread engagement.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know I heard this somewhere before - but at the time it didn' t concern me so I probably didn' t listen
LOL...yep, you' re screwed!

There was a thread a while ago where they were talking about that, but I didn' t pay attention much either [] since I don' t shoot those heads. I' m sure someone will chime in and straighten you out.
Old 07-23-2003, 12:49 PM

Well I got it straight from the horses mouth[:@]

Cant use rocket steelhead 100' s with gold tip arrows. I was told it is a gold tip insert problem. Then I stated that the wolverine 3p' s and the ultimate steels fit fine, so why just the steelhead.........long pause and then a reinstatement about the insert problem[:' (] followed by a " we sell thousands and thousands of them and they are fine"

Now a call to GT to see what they have to say
Old 07-23-2003, 01:07 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Rocket Steelhead problem

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.