Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How ' bout a rating on blade replacement ?

Old 07-23-2003, 05:50 AM

Default How ' bout a rating on blade replacement ?

I decided to just stick with what I have this year , so I bought replacement blades for my Spitfires, Hammerheads, Snypers, and Gators.

What a difference !! [:@]

The Spitfires were a breeze. The retaining screws have a deep slot for the broadhead wrench and they unscrew easily. The replacement blade package comes with everything you need to replace the blades(including the wrench) and good instructions. 5

The Snypers were a little more trouble and require a small allen wrench(not included). Overall they were not too bad. And they have instructions. 3

The Gators were about the same as the Snypers.The little spring washer is kind of a pain, but not too much for me to not keep using these. 3

The @#$% Hammerheads are a pain in the a$$ . I will never buy another Rocket product after this (I didn' t like the steelhead' s either). The retaining screws have a very shallow slot , which makes them difficult to get out(and very easy to strip). The broadhead wrench comes with the heads , but not with the replacement blades......so you better make sure you keep it. The replacement blades also come with no instructions. These were the hardest blades to change , that I have ever had. And although they did a good job on a deer last year, as soon as I go through these , I' m throwing these heads away and not looking back !![:' (][:@][>:][:' (] 1
Old 07-23-2003, 09:15 AM

Default RE: How ' bout a rating on blade replacement ?

I' ve allways looked at the rockets as a one shot head.If you take the screws out when the heads are new and put some anti sieze on them it' s a little easier to get them out later.

CB
Old 07-23-2003, 04:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ahhhhh the old Rocket blade changing. Been there done that, and learned a few tricks to getting them out easily.

1. Soak and Wash the head in warm soapy water first to remove any dirt and GOOK that is left over. Clean the blade grooves THOROUGHLY! you' ll be amazed at how much stuff gets wedged in there.

2. Unscrew one blade at a time and while holding onto the BLADE with one hand and the head with the other lightly tap the head on a flat surface. Try the blade in different positions as the blades get pretty funky after shooting them and they put pressure on the screw at certain angles making it very hard to get them out. Wiggling the blade should also break loose any left over gook that gets in between the hole in the blade and the screw itself.

3. If they don' t pop out in step 2 DON' T PANIC! They should be loose enough that you can take that little screwdriver thing they supply and actually pry under the edge of the head of the screw...there' s a little lip there you can snag and get it out.

I have it down to a science now and have no problem getting them out.......I can get 3 blades out in about 30 seconds in most cases.
Still not what I would call ' FUN' but no longer an off the scale pain in the butt.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:09 AM

Thanks Matt........I' ll give that a shot next time .