Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Another Drop Away idea!

Old 07-21-2003, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Another Drop Away idea!

I saw this rest in a catalog about a month ago. I thought it was a very interesting concept. I been looking at all the different ones out there. So darn many with so different designs. It seems like someone is trying to find one that just out does all the others with their concept. Well I wonder if this rest is it. I' ve seen no mention of it on the forum, and nothing under search for the last year. I' m sure some of you seen it also. The Q.A.D. Ultra rest Fall-Away. www.qadinc.com This rest seems to do it all in design. If it actually works like they claim ( I know several don' t) I think it could be a awesome design. Its both a Inerta style drop away, and cord pull designed. The Inerta design you cock the rest up by a thumbwheel to bring the rest up to loaded position. It holds your arrow in place at that position above the shelf, and your arrow cannot fall off the rest no matter your bows position. When you draw back the downward boss cable attaching cord, which attaches by a screw on style clamp( no bow press needed to attach). Draws the rest back into full firing position. When you release the rest drops away to the bow shelf for fletching clearance. If you have to slowly let your bow down the rest only returns back to the holding position above the shelf. Like I said if it works it sounds awful darn interesting.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:43 AM

Default RE: Another Drop Away idea!

I started a post on this rest a few months ago. Was just about to buy it, but spent my money elsewhere

It still seems like a nice idea. The one thing I don' t like about it is that I don' t think you can fine tune " when" the rest drops, as you can " to a degree" with other cable driven drop-aways. This can be important to some Solo-Cam bows that require a little longer support.

Also its a bit more on the complicated side compared to a shakey or TKO.

otherwise it may be a very good rest - hopefully someone will give a report
Old 07-22-2003, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

I generally tend to stay toward name brands. They don' t get to be name brands by putting out slouchy products, I love my Quicktune 4000 fall away . . . I don' t have to cock it first with a thumbwheel . . . just draw and shoot![X(]
Old 07-22-2003, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dick, I believe Q.A.D. is a fairly new company. I may have to pick this rest up, and give it a shot, see how it goes. Doesn' t seem like many have it. I see it like, every company out there had to start someplace!!!!