Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Straight/Level Nock travel

Old 07-20-2003, 08:23 AM
nub

Default Straight/Level Nock travel

Ok. I' ve read the cam.5 problem thread. I' ve read the Archery Talk Who-Ha thread. Lets name some names hear. We don' t need another " is it needed" thread. We need a " who" has it thread. If you don' t want to post your findings, email me with what you know. I' m not affaid to hurt anyones feelings. Even if they' re my own. Or at least the biggies.

Hoyt C.5?
W/Spiral Cams? (is that the 2 hoyt options?)
Bowtech singles?
Bowtech duallies?
Mathews?

Arthur: If you check back up here, I guess I meant the spiral cam.
Old 07-20-2003, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Straight/Level Nock travel

The only current Hoyt option besides the Cam.5 is the Accuwheel. I don' t know if the Accuwheel has it, but my ProTec shoots better than I do. For sure.

I think the Spiral cam is just a higher performance version of the Cam.5, nub.
Old 07-20-2003, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

As far as being advertised, don' t Darton and Merlin also lay stake to that claim?

Old 07-20-2003, 02:23 PM

If you want to see a comparative study, done with my test equipment, using the same test parameters, stop by my shop. You' d be surprised at the results and the lack of truthful advertising.

Other than that, I won' t get into this subject.
Old 07-20-2003, 02:57 PM
Typical Buck

I think that' s a safe way to approach it Len, I' ll side with that also., because no matter what we say someone will get hissy over it. so sometimes we' re better off letting people find out for themselves.

Besides, this has already been beaten to death..... Pinwheel 12
Old 07-20-2003, 03:23 PM
nub

I' ll just jump right in my car and drive right over there. CYA in what 20 hours or so. Two of the guys I was hopeing to get a little insite on this topic from, just backed down. Afraid to name names? I believe the only thing thats been beaten to death about this is whether S/L nock travel is needed. You both have convinced some of us it is. Now when we ask for your help, you bail out on us.
Old 07-20-2003, 04:04 PM

I have seen some test on the Razor Tech ,MQ1, LX, Darton' s CPS,BowTech VFT & Black Knight........The Darton MQ1 and LX were striaght the Razor Tech was off some and while if BowTech was a little bit more level than they are man they would be smoking fast....I know they are fast but would even be faster.....What does this mean to the average archer? Nothing....So choose what you want and be happy about...Dont get caught up in all this junk
Old 07-20-2003, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

Nub---Not backing down from anything, just don' t feel the need to get slammed by those who are loyal to certain brands who claim they have S&LNT but do not.

Let me state this---I also have test equipment, and have tested darned near every manufacturers' bow out there that has claimed they have straight and level nock travel in the past few years. Len and I have conversed about a couple over this time period also. To date MY findings have concluded that only TWO bows have true straight and level nock travel, both of them are hybrids, neither of which has a four-letter name.

There are also TWO solocam equipped companies that are very, very close, both of which have the same general cam/idler design. (the second one starts with a " K" ) Just a note--the MQ1 did NOT offer S&LNT. Neither did the Q2 or Q2XL.

They have been tested, and so it has been written! As earlier stated, 2004 will be a very exciting year, with many more companies throwing their hats into the ring also.

And Hawgz---

Let me say that S&LNT will benefit an average archer far more than it will a Pro, simply because it is much more forgiving of arrow spine and human error input. I' d like to know why everyone is a non-believer of everything until it gets pounded into their brain 4000 times? Why is that?[&:][X(]

Anyway--

There you have " the rest of the story" from my perspective. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Old 07-20-2003, 08:21 PM

PINWHEEL12......You are right about the benefits being greater for the average archer...But what I was trying to say is that I dont think they should get got up in the junk that is going on between the two companies in question....But the MQ1 I seen tested was real close to being level....How far off was the one you tested...If I can ask...
Old 07-20-2003, 08:50 PM
nub

Is this a non issue with 2 cam bows? Because of tiller and creep tuning? What about a certain short vallied 2 cam?

Took me a while to find the K. That was a few pages back in the archives. The other begins with M?

Thanks for the replies.

Quick Reply: Straight/Level Nock travel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.