Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Is there a problem with the Hoyt cam&1/2?

Old 07-15-2003, 08:21 PM
Spike

Default Is there a problem with the Hoyt cam&1/2?

Is there really a problem with the Hoyt cam & 1/2 system? I shot one at a local shop and loved it. The owner made me a deal that would be hard to pass up, but....I have heard others talk about problems with the cam & 1/2 system. I' m not talking about the Mathews ad (I haven' t even seen the ad). One shop owner that sells both Hoyt and Mathews told me that guys who purchased the bows loved them at first, but now he says hes getting a lot of negative feedback. That some guys are even going back to their single cam Hoyts. I was hoping to get some input here. The bow I shot was an Ultratec cam & 1/2 with the 2000 limbs. I really like my Q2XL, but that Hoyt was sweeet! Any input from Hoyt owners out there would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:34 PM

Default RE: Is there a problem with the Hoyt cam&1/2?

i shoot a single cam hoyt magnatec and love it

i have not heard too much bad stuff about the hoyt cam 1/2 yet but i hang around the local hoyt dealer and i am sure that before long somethings will start comin out. it is new and it will probably have some little quirks or prob.s they all do. to me it just seems that it is something else to worry about working properly and staying in sync.

Maybe someone else could help and tell if they have had any personal problems with them
Old 07-15-2003, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I have 4 cam.5 bows, and # 5 is on the way.

I have yet to find one single thing wrong with the new cam & 1/2 system.

I have run probably 5000 arrows through one of my ultratecs, and getting close to that many through my first protec. And I have not had one single problem.

These are beyond a doubt the sweetest shooting rigs Hoyt ever made.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:46 PM
Spike

Thanks for the input guys. Keep it coming. The guy also had a 2002 Ultratec that was pretty sweet, but I really couldn' t tell much of a difference between it and my Q2XL. I just don' t want to pay $600+ for a bow that might give me trouble 6 mo down the road.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I love my Ultratec cam 1/2 and no pronblems.I have thousands of shots on it.I have been shooting it since January if memory serves.I do have custom strings.

I talked to the local shop and was curious if he had anyone with problems with the cam 1/2 and he said there wasn' t 1 single problem.He also sells lots of bows and is a good bow mechanic and tuner.

Now,there may be those out there that don' t like the feel for whatever reason but the cam 1/2 is a good one.
Old 07-16-2003, 10:27 AM

hey big country ,you live close to me you want to adapt a 42 year old son??? 5 cam.5 bows ,god bless you ! i have one and i love it i have had it since early april and haven' t had a problem yet !!!
Old 07-16-2003, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a Hoyt cam.5 this year and i haven' t had any problems at all with mine either. I bought the Dynatec and it' s the sweetest shooting bow i' ve ever shot no doubt. There are a lot of guys here locally that shoot Hoyt and if there' s been any problems with the cam.5 i haven' t heard anything. I think all the tec bows are nice.
Old 07-16-2003, 10:47 AM

I have the Protec with spiral cams.5 and 2000 limbs and so far it' s been great. i also own a Mathews Conquest II and like the Hoyt alot better. Nothing wrong with the Conquest but I like the hoyt' s wall better. I live in NJ and have not heard anything bad about the Hoyt' s cam .5 system.
Good Luck
Old 07-16-2003, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought my Razortec in early March and still love it. Groups nice at all ranges up to 65 yards or so, it' s very quiet, light, recoil free and very smooth to draw.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

xi, it would look pretty funny, me adopting someone my own age!

Besides, mine are all left handed.

Quick Reply: Is there a problem with the Hoyt cam&1/2?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.