Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Impact Cosmic or HHA Optimizer?

Old 07-15-2003, 07:05 PM

Default Impact Cosmic or HHA Optimizer?

I like the features of the " slide-type" sights (Single pin adjustable) and am set on one of two - the new Cosmic single pin sight or the HHA Optimizer light with a battery. Are there any disadvantages to having one of these slide types over a stationary sight? I' m looking for something with a small, yet bright pin (red or green), but something that won' t vibrate or weigh too much.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Impact Cosmic or HHA Optimizer?

I have the HHA Optimizer lite 5000 with the .029 green pin and I' m pleased as punch. I really dont think a battery is needed with that fibre optic wrap. I practice at least 45 minutes past legal hunting hours with no problems at all.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the HHA opimizer Lite. I started out with the battery on it but took it off. It was too bright, and plenty bright without the battery. The Impact Cosmic is good also and very bright. The thing I didn' t like was the size of the fiber optic was to big, it makes the dot brighter but hard for fine aiming. HHA also has a brand new Optimizer Lite site that similar to the Cosmic. It has 3 feet of fiber optics v.s. 2.5 feet in the Cosmic! Check it out!

Good Luck!!
Old 07-16-2003, 05:37 AM

The HHA 5000 also has a machined aluminum appeture,where the Cosmic is lexan.Both sites have very bright pins,I just like the way the HHA is made.Make sure that if you buy the HHA you get the new model,the old ones had the site level under the site housing and it is hard to see when you draw.The new ones have the level inside the site,in frount of the pin.If you have a older 5000,call Arlene at HHA,and she will send you a new one at no charge-they did that for me
Old 07-17-2003, 10:19 AM

IN MY OPINION THE COSMIC IS TOO BRIGHT. IT HALO' S REAL BAD IN THE SUN.
BUT THAT SUCKER IS BRIGHT!
Old 07-17-2003, 10:29 AM

I have the cosmic on mine and like it a lot. It is crazy bright, but I hunt the woods, so the sun doesn' t get in to me much. I think the HHA has a better slide system, but prefer the apeture of the cosmic. Both are great choices though.
Old 07-17-2003, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

The new ones have the level inside the site,in frount of the pin.If you have a older 5000,call Arlene at HHA,and she will send you a new one at no charge-they did that for me

Wow! Thanks much! Thats the only thing I didn' t like about mine. I just called HHA Sports and if I send my old one in they will send me a new one.

Thanks again!