Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hey 5 Shot, based on your experience...

Old 07-18-2003, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hey 5 Shot, based on your experience...

Yes I did some deflection testing using a fresh deer hide and some luon board. In a nut shell I found the head will deflect, just as a muzzy or any other head will. The slick tricks started a little earlier than some other heads with a less steep blade angle, but not a great deal. When the heads began to " skip" off the target the shot angle was to steep to be ethical anyway. If you take proper shots and tune your bow the slick tricks will work very well, and they are super accurate.
Old 07-19-2003, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

5-shot, I hope your getting a commission because you' ve just about sold me!!
Old 07-19-2003, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dave, no commition here Infact I don' t personaly use them myself, I just like to give the honest facts as I have found them. If accuracy is the most important aspect the slicktricks are the fixed blade head for you. they are fairly tough, fly great an punch a big hole. The heads have improved consistantly over the last three seasons and I see them as a force to be reconded with soon. I am sure some of the smaller 1" heads now coming out will shoot as well or almost as well, but they won' t offer the cutting ability the Slick Tricks do. This is one of those heads alot of people want, but just don' t know about.