Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

[Deleted]

Old 07-12-2003, 07:57 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-12-2003, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Which Mechanical Broadheads?

I have been using NAP Spitfires for the past 4 seasons, and have had excellent results. You may also want to try out Rocket Broadheads, as they seem to be the most popular mechanical broadheads with the members on this forum.
As far as speed is concerned, I would like to be shooting at least 250 f.p.s. before I used mechanicals. Thats just my opinion, and I am sure you will get different opinions from other members.

Good luck
Old 07-12-2003, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you want to shoot mechanicals you should calculate your KE. Speed doesn' t really matter. Alot of people suggest you have at least a KE of 55 to shoot a mechanical. They do fly really good, most just like your target tips but you still need to practice. If you want to shoot a large diameter mechanical (1 1/2" or bigger) you really should have a high KE set-up.

I' m shooting a Wasp Jackhammer 100, which is 1 3/4" , and it makes a huge hole and they bleed like crazy. My KE is about 63 or 64.

Good Luck!
Old 07-13-2003, 09:07 AM

I`ve used the NAP spitfires,100gr,and also Shockwaves in 85gr.No problems in performance,solid construction,and very sharp blades.Tried the Rocket Mini-Blasters and found that the blades would bend or break.I`am shooting a hunting set-up that is 413grs.@276ft per sc,which gives me about 70lbs. of KE.Good luck!
Old 07-13-2003, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

I feel a big mechanical on a deer sized animal is an awesome combo. Although not as popular as Rockets and Spitfires, I really have had great results with a two blade 2in. cut Vortex. Being a two blade I get pass throughs almost always. What I like the most about the Vortex is when the head is closed, you still have the top half of thecutting edge of the blades exposed assuring an entrance hole. Not really big, a hair under an inch, but its more than most mechanicals.
Old 07-15-2003, 05:16 PM

i use the rocky mountain revolutions 100 and they work fine.
Old 07-24-2003, 01:03 PM

I used to use Rocket Wolverine 3P but I couldn' t keep the blades on them so I am gonna try Grim Reapers this year. So far I have been impressed with how they group with my field points.
Old 07-26-2003, 07:57 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-27-2003, 05:39 AM

[8D]TRY THE SNYPER.