Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

[Deleted]

Old 07-15-2003, 06:56 PM

Default RE: Bow sights-I" m looking for the best one.

Spot-Hogg
Old 07-16-2003, 07:00 AM

Some of the brightest pins out there, are on Impact Archery sights.

[link]http://www.impactarchery.com/products.htm[/link]

I have the Impact Solo, and I can see the pin when I can hardly see my hand in front of my face. If you want a 3 pin sight with a round pin guard, the Impact Trio is also amazingly bright.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:48 AM
CG

Impact Cosmic-I can' t imagine a brighter sight......
Old 07-18-2003, 05:33 AM

This year I have bought and tried several new sights. First I bought a CopperJohn Deadnuts Hunter. Well built sight but I found it to have a funny sound at the shot and the pins aren' t real bright without a add on light. Also the large round guard was hard to get into my peep. Then I tried a movable Impact Cosmic. Very bright almost too bright in sunlight. I didn' t care for the short distance this sight sticks out from the bow and the tought of trying to move this sight at the moment of truth with its double lock downs. I also have Cobra movable but it was very noisey in my opinion. Now I bought a TruGlo fixed pin sight. I forget the model name but it has three pins that have the long fiberoptic wraps which make it very bright and they are in a round pin guard with a white ring for centering in your peep. I found this round guard to be the perfect size. I think this will be my sight this year..........
Old 07-18-2003, 06:10 AM

For a fixed pin I use a Copper-Johns,but with my 46 year old eyes,I do like the brightness of the HHA-5000.Tru-Glo has a new 3-pin fixed,I think it`s called the Brite-Site.Cabelas has it for about 50.00 bucks,but it has a plastic appetture.Check out your archery shop because they do make it with all machined alunimum parts,which the way I would go.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:18 AM
Typical Buck

Another vote for Impact Cosmic....It' s superbright in lowlight and with today' s speed bows, you don' t need more than one pin, especially when its adjustable.
Old 07-18-2003, 12:40 PM

As far as a peep sight you might want to check out the Red Hawk peep sight I just put one on my bow and it seems to help, Cabelas carries them