Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

MZE for LX

Old 07-11-2003, 01:58 PM

Default MZE for LX

Anyone of you guys tried or know anyone using the new MZE on a Mathews roller-cam.I`am thinking about it and like some input.The voices in my head are telling me to just go get one.Right now,I`am using the TR Drop-Zone on my LX.
Old 07-12-2003, 07:18 PM

Default RE: MZE for LX

Just put one on a new LX this morning. Watched the video about 4 times (had been up working all night-pretty much brain dead[X(] ). Eye balled my string loop. After putting rest on, went to target and when I shot, the hook that holds the arrow hit my hand every time I shot. I realized I should have watched the video at least one more time. Re-adjusted the rod so the stop was hitting the plate and all was well. As I had only eye balled the loop, I figured I would need to move it and set center shot(even though the video said Muzzy had already set it). Shot through paper and perfect bullet hole. I already have 2 Muzzys, one on a Bowtech and one on a Parker. The one for the LX was probably easier to set up and I think I' ll be VERY happy with it. Don
Old 07-12-2003, 07:37 PM

Thanks,Don for the info.I always liked the MZE`s,got one a Q2,and a Parker.For some reason I am having trouble trusting a drop-away that operates on a string.By the way,did you look at the NAP 2000?Let me know how the MZE works out.Thanks, Bob
Old 07-14-2003, 08:37 AM

Trestand, the MZE for the LX, LEGACY, as well as the ICON will be so easy to set up it will be unbelievable. The reviews we are getting simply amazes me. Like the old saying goes TRY IT YOU WILL LIKE IT.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:37 PM

Update on my Muzzy. After getting some rest, I checked out my set up. I really like the guy that helps you set up the rest on the video and he can shoot 10 times better than I can but I found some things he was not real clear on. I think after you put about 100 rests on, you forget the little things. I found that setting the stop screw to hit in the center of the stop and not just going by a measurement worked better. The paper with the rest says to cut the threaded rod 3 3/4" and screw it out 2 1/2 " from center of hole. The video said to just turn it a few turns. I found it worked a lot better if you go by the instructions. You may have to make some small adjustements but I found them to be very small. After making the changes, my rest was much quieter and smoother working. I always have said I would not buy a bow you could not put a Muzzy zero effect on because it is the best rest I have ever used IMHO[:-]. Don
Old 07-15-2003, 05:47 AM

Bought the MZE for my LX last night,set it up, and my first impression is it`s much quiter than the TR drop-zone. Like always,I should of stayed with what works,I`ve used MZE`s on my Q2 and my Parker with no regrets. Still have to tune and make some minor adjustments,so l`ll let you guys know.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:09 AM

Took a DZ off a LX last night for a customer. He was complaining about noise and requested a MZE. After installation, he verified that the MZE was quieter.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:16 AM

Hey Len, let me know when the string and cables come in so we can finish this project! Thanks,Trestand
Old 07-15-2003, 10:38 AM

Should have checked the profile on ' trestand' .[] Didn' t realize that was you, Bob. I thought I was helping a ' real' hunter with a problem.

Take care and your string and cable are on order.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:08 AM

Len,What the heck,you got to have some fun once in a while,but I do enjoy you and your shop. One other thing,I`am a real hunter,I`ve just got " problems" ]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.