Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

MQ1 and MZE conflict?

Old 07-11-2003, 01:51 PM

Default MQ1 and MZE conflict?

Just purchased a Mathews MQ1 and my pro shop said that the MZE will not fit. I can' t see why. Does anyone else have a MQ1 with a Zero Effect?
Old 07-11-2003, 02:29 PM
nub

Default RE: MQ1 and MZE conflict?

Why yes I do. Would you like me to take a picture of it? Did he sell you that MQ1 as a 2003?
Old 07-11-2003, 04:03 PM

No - the bow was sitting in the back room. It never sold (too many new models coming out I guess). It is 3 years old and still has the tag, hat pin, etc. It has never had a rest, sight, etc. on it - never fired. I picked it up for $299 (no accessories). I thought the price was too good to pass up for a backup bow, considering that when it was new it cost $599. Did you have difficulty installing the ZE? Any modifications, or did it go on just fine?
Old 07-11-2003, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had an MQ1 last year, and installed the MZE myself, using the instructions in the video. It really didn' t take that long, and I was very careful not to cut the turnbuckle too short, so I took my time. I don' t see any reason why you should have a problem.
Old 07-11-2003, 08:57 PM
nub

I picked it up for $299 (no accessories).
[] It will be the best 300 ya ever spent on a bow. You might even down grade that fx to backup status. [:-] I had no problems with the MZE on the MQ1. Like Joe Pa, take your time and cut as little as possible and you should have no problems. Did you do the install on your FX? Whats your draw length? My arm is mounted on the 3rd hole in from the end and draw length is 30" .
Old 07-11-2003, 09:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your " Pro-Shop" guy must not be too familiar with that bow, rest or both.......the MZE set up on an MQ-1 is about as straight forward as it gets for that rest.
Do not fear.
Old 07-11-2003, 10:37 PM

Thanks for the reassurance. I have a 29" draw. The same guy set up my fx with the ZE. He has never put one on a mq1. He wasn' t sure if it would work or not. I love that rest - gotta have it!
Old 07-13-2003, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

Roseaukaine,
I have a MQ1 with 29" draw length, and an MZE. Works VERY well. When you mount the swing arm, use the back hole, the one closest to the string. This is directly from Muzzy. According to them, the Mathews have very little cable slide travel, and this hole is nessessary to get the rest functioning properly. This will contradict the written instructions with the MZE, but will go along with the video. I called them, and spoke to Mark Land, and that' s what he told me to do. Good luck with your setup, you' re going to love that combo! If I can be of any more help, feel free to ask.
Charlie