Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New Cable slide for MZE

Old 07-02-2003, 03:22 PM

Default New Cable slide for MZE

I have one of the old MZE rests on my Mathews Q2XL that has the roller cable slide. I understand that Muzzy has a new Teflon cable slide. Is there any benefit to changing out the old roller slide with the new Teflon one?
Old 07-03-2003, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Cable slide for MZE

Wow if that is true I' ll be retofitting mine , it was the only bitch I had about the MZE , they can add some noise , that roller slide is kind of loose fitting . Still its one of the best hunting rests going .
Old 07-03-2003, 08:18 AM

I' ve got one of each. The new slide doesn' t shoot any better or worse than the old slide. I can' t hear any difference in noise level comparing the old slide with the new.
Old 07-03-2003, 12:40 PM
Fork Horn

I found the new slide to be much quieter on my bow.
Charlie
Old 07-03-2003, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does the new slide fit tighter? does it have rollers like the first models did ?
Old 07-03-2003, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

No, it' s a solid block of Teflon, or a similar material. No rollers, no noise.
Charlie
Old 07-04-2003, 10:04 AM

I talked to Muzzy and they said that there is really little difference between the two cable slides. The new Teflon slide was cheaper for them to produce than the roller slide. They also said that the new slide was quieter on some Hoyt bows. However, on other manufacturers they had heard mixed results about reducing the noise. As far as speed goes they really didn' t know if the new slide resulted in an increase in arrow speed.

It would seem to me that the teflon slide would have to be quieter since there are less moving parts. I think it' s only a few bucks so I might just give it a try.
Old 07-05-2003, 09:35 PM

The good folks at Muzzy, unlike some other manufacturers when I criticize their products, listened when I voiced a need for the teflon slides two years ago. Even though the rollers do the job, there were definite reasons to change to the teflon. In fact, they made me several samples to test and I' ve had teflon prototype slides for about 1 1/2 years.

I also give them a lot of credit for not rushing into changing any designs just for the sake of change. They not only got feedback from me but from several other sources before they made the new slides.

The new slides are definitely the way to go, IMPO.
Old 07-06-2003, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Len I am glad to hear that. I have one on the way now. The only problem I ever had with the Zero effect was the cable slide, and it would seem that I now have nothing to complain about, well at least with the Muzzy rest.
Old 07-06-2003, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info Len , looks as if I' ll be calling muzzy monday for retrofit . I did' nt think they could make it better but muzzy is truely dedicated to us , they make some great products .

Quick Reply: New Cable slide for MZE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.