Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Which Diamond????

Old 06-30-2003, 04:30 PM

Default Which Diamond????

Well i dont know if any of you all remember me. But this is my first post in quiet a while.. Starting to get ready for the Fall.. So ive got a bow question for you all.
The other day I was at the bowshop with my bro, he was there to pick his bow up. He got an SQ2. Pretty sweet bow. Anyways They had 3 diamonds there.. $495 Bare. Thats kind of the right price for me right now since this is my first year to really have a good job since im 16. I dont want to spend all my money on a bow. The Diamonds were Invader,Stinger, and Machette. Ive seen some talk on here about the machette, well a little. Im marking the stinger out though cause of how smalll the ATA is. I saw that the invaders IBO is like 317 or something. My choice is between these 2 bows.. I need some help! Which one, Invader or Machette?Thanks!
Old 06-30-2003, 08:16 PM

Default RE: Which Diamond????

I recently shot several Diamonds and bought the Stinger. The Machette was also a super bow. I went with the Stinger because of it' s 8 1/2" brace height. It also shot great for me. Brace height on the Machette was 7 3/4" which is also a good hunting brace height. With the lower brace height comes a bit more speed. My brother bought the Machette and at 74 lb draw weight and 29" draw length, he was shooting a 410 grain arrow at 301 fps. He had the SQ2 before he upgraded to the Machette. He gained around 30 fps with the new Diamond shooting the same arrow. They are blazing fast when you consider the brace heights. If you' re looking for a hunting bow, look no further than the high brace height ones. These have all the speed you' ll ever need.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

I also like the Machete. Another " sleeper" is the Undertaker! Cheaper than the Machete, and has less frills, but it is a great bow also.

Of them all, I like the Machete myself. We' ve been selling them and the Undertaker this year more than any other Diamond. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Old 07-01-2003, 09:10 AM

Just want to add, I didn' t get to shoot the undertaker that Pinwheel likes, but I did shoot the widowmaker, and it shot as well as any bow I' ve ever flung an arrow through. It is their high end bow as far as price goes and has only a 7" brace, but if you like the long riser style bows, it will shoot with the best of them.
Old 07-01-2003, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Love Diamond bows... Great quality, blazing speed, accurate, easy to shoot, and less expensive than the " Name Brands" ... Buy the one that shoots the best for you, you can' t go wrong.

I' ve shot the Hornet for the past 3 years, love it for hunting. The Stinger is the hornet with more parallel limbs, which drops the ata and kicks up the brace height a bit. It' s gonna take a lot to get me to give up the hornet...

Pinwheel, did I miss a review of the Machette? Did you ever do one?
Old 07-01-2003, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

Rangeball--

No, I' ve been very busy this year and just never ended up having the time to do a complete review. I' ve had guys sending me new brands of bows to evaluate,(just got finished playing with the Newberry B1 for instance) and along with working closely with Merlin on their developments, I simply haven' t had the time to do reports on many of the bows that deserve praise this year.

Let me say this---the Machete will run with the best of them IMHO, along with any Diamond for that matter. If they didn' t, they would not be hanging in my shop because I will NOT sell equipment that I do not feel is " worthy" . That simple.

Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Old 07-02-2003, 01:10 PM

Thanks all for your replies.. I liked the machette. All i really did with it was pull it back, I could hold it there forever. Im guessing it had 80 percent let off.. Since i was there with my brother he thought it was set on 70. It was pretty stout but once you broke it over it was nice. I have been leaning toward the machette ever since then. Ive got one more question for you all though, is it very quiet? Or do I need to have A Sims Cable Dampener put on it? I will be shooting PSE Carbon Force Dominator 200' s at 28.5 or 29 inches out of it. I know the weight of the arrow has to do with noise too so i thought i would throw that in there. And would you all prefer Leeches or Whiskers? Thanks alot for your help guys...
Old 07-02-2003, 04:34 PM

StealthArcher,

The Diamonds are very quiet. In my opinion, the cable dampener is more useful for vibration, which I use on all my bows. Leechs won' t last long on such a fast bow. I' d go with the cat wiskers. Regardless of how quiet, all my bows get a full array of sims products and a good stabilizer. Once outfitted with these accessories, the Machette will just sit in your hand on the shot and it is whisper quiet.
Old 07-03-2003, 04:55 AM
Typical Buck

Ditto.
Old 07-03-2003, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

My hornet is so quiet, I don' t need anything on the string...

Quick Reply: Which Diamond????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.