Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

First Mechanical BH on the way!

Old 06-28-2003, 08:45 PM

Default First Mechanical BH on the way!

I chose the new Rocky Mt. Snyper 100g with an extra pack of blades. It seems as though the tip will penetrate great with the cut-on-contact head. What can I expect from this head/any advise for someone who has never used a mech. before?
Old 06-28-2003, 09:07 PM

Default RE: First Mechanical BH on the way!

This is a great head & you will be very happy with it on deer size game. I honestly think mechanicals are great for deer & smaller. The thing to remember with a lot of mechanical heads is that the ferrel is a little weaker due to more of it being taken away to allow the blades to sit in the body & also they require a more kennetic energy to penetrate good. The snyper tends to use less kenetic energy than most since it' s tip starts cutting right away & the blades are open when they enter the hide. This head also leaves a nice entrance hole since the blades actually are at full or near full cutting diameter when they go through the hide.
I also found this head to fly really good & never had a problem with the ones I have tested.
Old 06-29-2003, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

For the most part you can exspect excellent accuracy, penetration and performance. You can also expect huge entrance holes and excellent blood trails. The snypers are in my opinion one of the better mechanicals on the market today.
Old 06-29-2003, 10:55 AM

According to my calculations, I am producing 61 lbs. of KE. Is this enough KE for this mechanical out to 30 yds (not that I will take a shot that far) to ensure a pass-through?
Old 06-29-2003, 11:10 AM

yes