Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mathews LX or BowTech Patriot ???

Old 06-26-2003, 09:15 PM

Default Mathews LX or BowTech Patriot ???

I have tried them both, love them both, caint buy them both...
Open for suggestions.
The wife just orderd her new BowTech Stalker/Lite and said I can get what I want. I have tried about every bow out there for the past month and have narrowed my search to the two above.
I would realy like to hear from owners of the above mentioned bows, just to help promote or demote these bows.
One factor to take into consideration. I can get the Mathews LX for $619, and the BowTech Patriot (Dually) for $679.
Thanks in advance to those who respond, and good hunting to those just viewing...
Old 06-26-2003, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Mathews LX or BowTech Patriot ???

IMO there is no comparison between the 2.
Sure the LX is a nice bow but I did rather expect MMMMMMMMMMMathews (phew that was hard to get out) to have come up with something a little more ground breaking apart from limb pockets.

Bowtech on the other hand listened to what us hunters wanted and gave it to us.

The Pat Dually is in the great bow range has plenty of speed holds nice on target no hand shock or recoil (to me).

The 70lber' s are a bear to pull but in all honesty you dont need anything over 60lb to take any animal in Nth America
Old 06-26-2003, 11:40 PM

You can' t beat the specs of the Patriot Dually
Patriot brace- 7 7/8 inches
LX------------- 6 5/8 inches
Patriot weight- 3 3/4 pounds
LX-------------- 4 1/4 pounds
Patriot IBO----- 332 fps
LX---------------315 fps
Other advantages are better quality string and cables for the BowTech, more tuneable for speed and draw length and easy draw length change with BowTech' s modules in 1/2 inch increments. Solid wall and nice valley that promotes great accuracy.
The Pat Dually is the hardest hitting, most forgiving and accurate bow on the market,,,, bar none!!
Old 06-27-2003, 06:08 AM
Typical Buck

I' ll have to give another opinion here.

I tried the Matthews and the Patroit Dually and chose neither, but between the two I would choose the Matthews. Two reasons, 80% letoff is available on the the Matthews, and the Pat DC has too short a valley. I don' t see the valley being a positive at all for a hunter, considering some of the awkward angles that you might draw the bow in a hunting situation. I will admit that a better valley and I would have bought the Patroit DC, because it sure was a smooth shooter.

I actually chose the Bowtech VFT, 80% letoff available, about the same specs as the Matthews, and more speed. But the real kicker is price, the VFT was $559 vs. the Matthews $649 at the time. Your price for the Matthews is a bit better than I got, so perhaps you' ll choose the Matthews. Good luck in your decision and I don' t think you can go wrong either way
Old 06-27-2003, 06:50 AM

Both bows will shoot fine. You need to look for the things you like in a bow. When I choose a bow, I go by a couple things that I consider important. Another archer may not like the same things or may be using the bow for a different purpose, so his desires will be different. Being a hunter, a very high brace height is important to me. Tough shot angles and heavy jackets will bring a big payback on this feature. A significant difference here will always sway my decision. The next most critical thing for me is the grip. A grip is important for repeatability. If a particular grip allows for a more consistant hand placement, then it get' s the nod. Everyone' s hand is a little different, but some grips are just designed better. You can always buy an after-market grip, but that is going to really add to the cost of the bow.

Next in importance is the draw cycle. I want a decent valley and a very hard wall. When hunting, the hard wall is necessary for consistancy on the variable shot positions you' ll find yourself in. Too short of a valley and you can find yourself struggling on shots where you have to hold your draw for a long time. If all things being equal to this point, I then evalutate the little things like balance, quietness, hand shock and contruction quality. No where does speed enter my decision, unless everything else is equal.

No one can tell you which bow is better for you. Only you can evaluate what you need and which one meets it best. Good luck in you decision and have fun testing them.
Old 06-27-2003, 05:37 PM

LX[8D]
Old 06-27-2003, 07:49 PM

Man - talk about two opposite ends of the spectrum[]

Its all up to feel, and these bows IMO feel nothing alike - you have to pick the one best for you.

Even though I am a Bowtech man out of the two I would (for hunting) take the LX. I do not like the Dually Pat

But better yet - if you like the LX - give the Bowtech VFT a run[8D]
Old 06-27-2003, 09:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

My vote goes for the Patriot single cam. Though not one of the two you listed in terms of price the Patriot single cam would seem to give you the best of both worlds...

...in other words, you get the same if not a tad more speed than the LX but with a larger brace height and a slightly lighter mass weight......but also still get the low recoil, low vibration typically found on all of the parallel limb design bows. Plus, you can adjust the letoff/valley on the Pat SC and the draw length is easily adjusted via the modular system.

Seems like a no brainer to me. I am not parting with mine for quite awhile and that says something.
Old 06-27-2003, 09:24 PM

I am going to shoot the VFT and the single cam Patriot. They both are lookers...thanks guys...
Old 06-27-2003, 10:16 PM

Hey Frank,

Is the Pat SC starting to replace that Havoc Redline?

Quick Reply: Mathews LX or BowTech Patriot ???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.