Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Matthews LX or Legacy

Old 06-26-2003, 07:00 PM

Default RE: Matthews LX or Legacy

Two years ago when I got my FX I thought it was the sweetest shooting bow I could ever find. I got it out tonite and shot my Legacy first then shot my FX and I could not believe the differance. The FX just about jumped out of my hand it shot so hard and had so much vibration. It is amazing how smooth the Legacy is till you compare it side by side with another bow. It might be a little heavier but it is well worth it.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:20 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-26-2003, 11:56 PM

Default Matthews LX or Legacy

I tested both bows and a few others. After shooting the LX, I liked it, but was uncertain so I continued testing different bows. The Legacy was the last bow I tested. After the first shot, I instantly knew it was the bow for me. I use to own a Q2 which was also a very good bow, but I did not shoot it nearly as well as I shoot the Legacy.

The Legacy felt smoother, more forgiving, and vibration free than the LX. I think it also has a slightly higher brace height and shorter limb to limb length. The main advantage of the LX is the speed and as you can see from this forum many folks like the way it feels.

Different shooters place different degrees of importance on the variables. Set aside any preconceived notions and go shoot both of them. Buy the one that feels and shoots the best for you.

You won' t go wrong either way. Both bows are awesome.
Old 06-27-2003, 05:19 AM

Different shooters place different degrees of importance on the variables. Set aside any preconceived notions and go shoot both of them. Buy the one that feels and shoots the best for you.
I completely agree !! Try both out .

I' ll give you a little advise also on what to look for . Make sure both bows are set up identically. Make sure both are pulling the same exact poundage and that it is a comfortable poundage to shoot for you(have the shop owner varify the poundages with a bowscale and let you see). Make sure they both have the same style grip. Shoot the same exact arrows through each bow. Shoot both back to back as many times as you can comfortably and don' t over do it. Rest for a bit, if you start getting fatigued. Pay attention to things like the weight of each, balance , draw cycle, backwall, vibration, and shot noise.

I like the LX much better but you may not, just go try both out as many times as it takes to make up your mind. They' re both expensive and you won' t go wrong with either, but you do want to go out with 100% confidence in your equipment.

Old 06-27-2003, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

I tried both and liked the Legacy better. That was My personal preference. You need to decide which one You like best. Don' t think you could go wrong either way. I thought the Legacy was quieter and smoother. You decide.

Mathews all the way!
Old 06-27-2003, 11:57 AM

The legacy is a little smoother. Theres a ball bearing in the cam on the LX compared to the bushing in the legacy. The limbs arent quite as parrallel on the LX either. This makes the bow jump a little bit more forward. However, it does have the new limb pockets which are pretty nice. The LX is the legacy on steroids. Theres a little more speed, but i think thats about it. THere both really nice bows, its your preference. Plus, the cam on the LX is adjustable which is a nice feature. Do what we did, put one of the high performance cams from the LX on the legacy. lol. It was actually a pretty sweet shooter. I wouldnt actually go do that though.
Old 06-27-2003, 12:31 PM

This string sounds like two guys sitting in hunt-camp discussing which of the centerfolds is better looking. At least with this decision you get to take one home with you! How could you ever go wrong?
Old 06-27-2003, 10:18 PM
Typical Buck

The only reason the Legacy is still around is because Mathews had to get rid of its parts inventory of the older limb pockets and Legacy risers left over.
It probably won' t exist next year.
All Mathews bows will have the new improved limb pockets and cams found on the LX by next year.
No offense to Legacy owners, I shot one last year and it was a smooth shooting and quiet bow.
Actually, the quietest bow I ever shot.

Sag.
Old 06-28-2003, 04:59 AM

Do the other features of the LX,{a to a ,total mass, smooottthhh cam} help to " off set" the low BH ?.I like the speed it' s getting,BUT, will I pay for it ??
Old 06-28-2003, 07:18 AM

Brace height is over emphasized to me. I would not let that be a determining factor between the two. Going from a 6 5/8 to a 7 1/2 bh is not going to be a magic cure for problems in someone' s form. If you hunt in cold climates an arm guard will solve any problem with your sleeve getting hit with a low BH bow.

Quick Reply: Matthews LX or Legacy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.