Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Grip-Just what the doctor ordered !!

Old 07-17-2003, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Grip-Just what the doctor ordered !!

pooreboy, why dont' you e-mail James Loesch and ask him. I' m sure that he could give the best answer possible. If you need his e-mail let me know.
Old 07-17-2003, 11:31 AM

LOOK GUY' S I NOT TRYING TO BE SMART OR CHEAP , BUT I LIKED MY MATHEWS COMP. GRIP BUT I DID NOT LIKE THE THUMB SUPPORT SO I TOOK IT OFF AND MADE IT A LITTLE THINNER. THE ONLY THING I DIDN' T LIKE ABOUT THE LOECH IS THE TOP OF THE GRIP DID NOT HAVE THE SHAPE AT THE TOP LIKE THE MATHEWS.

" MY LAST NAME IS POORE CBM SC"
Old 07-17-2003, 01:37 PM

Pooreboy,Didn' t mean to start off on the wrong foot ....Welcome on board. Your second post is more informative.

To get what I wanted , I would have had to have gotten a Classic grip and sanded a lot of material off........getting it in between where it was and a competition grip. Then I would have had to refinish it.......and by my nature ......it would have had to look perfect or I would have thrown it away. So spending $54 was really nothing to me to get the grip I wanted from Leosch.
Old 07-18-2003, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

poorboy, I wasn' t trying to be smart. If you want to learn about bow grips ask James, he is a good guy. He won' t try to sell you anything if you have questions about grips. I would also suggest reading up on some top archery people like Kirk Etheridge and hear from them how different types of grips will effect shooting. Kirk would rather take the grip off of many bows and just shoot right off the riser because of the shapes of most grips. That ergonomically correct grip actually may not be the best thing to use even though it may feel so nice in your hand.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:00 AM

THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS THAT WILL HELP ALOT!

HERE IS A PICTURE OF THE GRIP I CUSTOMIZED.