Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

For Mathews Experts,Help!

Old 06-23-2003, 06:36 PM

Default For Mathews Experts,Help!

Here`s my problem, I have a Q2XL and when I got it it was 29" , 70lb draw. I started using a string loop and decided that I`d prefer a shorter draw. I ordered a 28" , 70lb cam from my local dealer and it came in last year. I never instaled it till the weekend and now try as I might I can`t get my draw weight past 61lbs. I know how to set timing on a Mathews cam and my dealer insists it`s the right cam. There are markings on the cam and I`m hoping that someone here can tell me by the marking if this is indeed a 70lb cam or a 60 like I suspect. the markings on the cam are( and remember I might add it`s a left handed bow), SLCL. My old 29" 70lb cam has the markings- SL2-CL. Please help as I`m loosing my patience with my dealer because although they can`t get this bow past 61lbs either they still insist I got the right cam.
Old 06-23-2003, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: For Mathews Experts,Help!

Your dealer doesn' t know his head from his....[>:]

You have the entirely wrong cam.

The SL cam is for the MQ series (i.e. MQ1/32) You need an SL2 cam. They do not work interchangeably.

You can download the Mathews owners manual at thier website and it shows cam size/type and harness lengths for each model.

Old 06-23-2003, 07:32 PM

Thanks a ton, now it makes sense as to why this bow won`t draw 70lbs[:' (]. Scares me because this cam came from the largest wholesaler of Mathews bows in Canada.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:42 PM

Te cam you need for your Q2XL to make it a 28 inch draw is a SL2DL..Like JEFFB said the SLCL is for the MQ1 & MQ-32.....They goofed bad...Hope this helps and you get it taken care of....