Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Zebra or Winners choice?

Old 06-22-2003, 06:07 AM

Default Zebra or Winners choice?

Going to need a new string soon on my Mathews FX. It came stock with the Zebra string, which is what my local pro shop recommends for a replacement (Mathews Dealer). I have shot this bow about 3000 times, experienced stretch, loss of poundage, and peep rotation problems. These were all fixed by twisting the string. Another local pro shop (Bowtech Dealer) recommends Winners Choice strings and cables; pre-stretched with none of the problems of the Zebra. Question is, which one is better for my bow? The stock Zebra string, or Winners Choice?
Old 06-22-2003, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Zebra or Winners choice?

I can tell you what most are going to say. Winners Choice. I have never shot one of these and don' t intend on shooting one. The cost is way to high for me. I typically take good care of my string, so I don' t have to replace the very often. When it stretches I just twist it up.

But another option instead of the zebra would be the tiger twist strings. They are not supposed to stretch and they are made by the same company as zebra. IO on the other hand had a member of the board make me a custom string. If you are interested in that, I am sure he will respond if you ask about him.
Old 06-22-2003, 09:33 AM

You also have another option. www.bowmancustomstrings.com
Old 06-22-2003, 10:33 AM

check out stone mountain as well.

Old 06-22-2003, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

Never had a problem with the Zebra strings, but the cables have always given me a fit. I just ordered a set from Prostrings, they should be in this week. I' ll let you know how they work out.
Charlie
Old 06-22-2003, 03:09 PM

Trebark - exactly, but I figure if I' m going to change cables -- might as well change everything.
Old 06-22-2003, 06:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Given those two choices and ignoring price I would go with the Winners Choice string. However, I like Len and Orion' s suggestions as well.
Old 06-22-2003, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

Another one to try is www.non-typicalstrings.com . In answer to your question I would choose WC but I won' t (I make my own).
Old 06-23-2003, 03:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can tell you one thing I will never buy antother zebra twist string, or a tiger twist. The quality is low and the price is to high for what you get. I was going to buy a new set of strings and cables for my Rampage, but my brother gave me his stock set after he replaced them with winners choice. The WC set looked to be well made, but exspensive. Since the set he gave me only had 100 shots or so through it I will use them this year and next year I will be ordering a set from bowmans. I spoke with George several times via email. He was very helpful and always responded in a timely manor. I have heard nothing but good things about his products and they are about 25% cheaper than Winners Choice.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:53 AM
CR

I am currently using Bowmans Custom Strings on my bow and have been having problems, so I will be trying Winner Choice next.

Quick Reply: Zebra or Winners choice?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.