Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Peep and Kisser Tying???

Old 06-21-2003, 08:16 PM

Default Peep and Kisser Tying???

Can somebody send me a link that shows how to tie a peep and kisser on? My dealer set my LX up shooting low...and I GOTTA move them up I think. Will save me a long trip and ferry charge if I just learn do it myself.
Old 06-21-2003, 08:39 PM

Default RE: Peep and Kisser Tying???

As far as the peep, you should just be able to slide it up. the knots should be made to slide. But....if it does not have the bungy cord and twists around as you slide it, you will need to take it out and reposition the string strands around it.
Old 06-21-2003, 10:23 PM

I make my own strings so I allways have material handy which you will have to obtain if you' re going to do it your self. On a kisser I just use an eliminator button and get it in the right spot then start about 3/8 of an inch below the button and start with about a 24 inch piece of serving. I use .018 Brownell Daimondback and wrap it on by hand over the 3 inch tag end from the start. Wrap up to the button, then cross over to the other side of the button on the inside of the string and continue wrapping for about 9 or 10 wraps. I then use about a 20 inch piece of string material that I allready have cut and waiting to form a loop in the middle. Place the loop on the string and serve over the loop another 9 or 10 wraps then place the end of the serving through the loop and then, while holding the serving in place, pull the loop through the served area to pull the tag end of your serving thread under the served area. Pull the serving tight and then trim it back to about 3/16 of an inch long then finish it by melting the end down tight to the serving
On a peep sight, I usually start with about 3/4 of an inch of serving and pass the serving thread through the separated opening twice above and below the peep and then continue for about 3/4 of an inch on the other side of the peep. Use the loop method to finish off and melt the end tight[:-]
Old 06-22-2003, 05:08 AM

Thanks guys...I never ied anything on a bow...any diagrams? I' m sure its not that bad once I do it once I' ll remember.

Also...my peep don' t slide. Its one of those regular plastic ones with the rubber band. My bow has the Zebra string so I think it would twist even if it did move.

I have a Super Peep also....the one that comes in the clear plastic little box with the little different size " holes" you can put in there. SHould I put that peep on when I redo the peep?

NEED DIAGRAMS....
Old 06-22-2003, 06:07 AM

walks with a gimp,

When you serve in a peep or kisser, can you slide them, if they need adjustment?

I usually use a series of 7-8 overhand knots, finished with a square knot, to hold them in place. They can be moved up or down the string with some effort.
Old 06-22-2003, 09:32 PM

No I can' t move anything after I' m done serving things in place. I know where my kisser needs to be, 1 1/4 inches above the nock and it feels right when I' m done. I don' t use a peep on my bows, well I had one on my Pro 40 for about 2 weeks but I took it out because I shoot a lot at 80 yards. At the longer distances, I have to come off my kisser button to center the peep around the scope housing on my sight and I get that " it' s not right" feeling about the shot. Took the peep out and everything feels right at any yardage and my accuracy is almost as good as with the peep.