Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

loop string draw lenght question part 2

Old 06-20-2003, 09:09 AM

Default loop string draw lenght question part 2

what i am wanting to know is if your draw lenght is to short ( you bought a bow with a 29 and it should have been a 30 or 31) could you make up the differance with a loop string as a quick fix? or is this not a good solution for this problem? if not what is ? thanks !
Old 06-20-2003, 10:37 AM

Default RE: loop string draw lenght question part 2

No, I do not think this is a good solution.

You will not be able to gain a good repeatable reference to the string. You will lean your head forward to reach the string and get your nose on it. You will be to far from the peep. Along with other issues.

You will also loose about 20 fps of speed for no good reason.

I would but the correct module or cam and get it correct.

It is more problems than its worth.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:08 AM

I think it will work if your only off by one inch. I shoot a 29" draw off the string but 28" with a loop. You do loose some speed but its better to be alittle to short on the draw then too long. I also feel that a string loop is better then releasing off the string.
Old 06-21-2003, 01:07 AM

I have a 30" draw length and had my bow set for that when I was shooting off the string. But, when I went to using a string loop, my anchor point changed and was 1/2 in further back. This just did not feel right. So, to compensate for the added loop length I had my bows draw length shortened 1/2" to 29 1/2" . My anchor point or hand placement was back to where it was when I was shooting of the string. It was comfortable again and I was satisfied.

I can see having a loop make up for 1/2" , but 1" , I dont know. Seems a little excessive, and I would have to agree with Rack on the possible problems that could arise.