Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Speed and trajectory

Old 06-19-2003, 07:25 PM

Default Speed and trajectory

I was out tinkering and increased my draw weight by @2 lbs. (60 to @62). At 60 I was shooting consistent groups out to 40 yards(my limit). After increasing the draw weight, I kept the groups but they dropped @12" from my aiming point. I know the trajectory would be a little flatter but would it be that much or does it depend on the set up? I am shooting a 2002 Cybertec, Versacam 2, 28" Draw, TT rest, Beman ICS 400' s at 27" , with Sweet Spot release. Any knowledge of this would be appreciated. Thanks Chris
Old 06-19-2003, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Speed and trajectory

Are you sure that your sight didn' t move? Possibly your peep slid down a bit?

I have an 03 Razortec and occasionally move around my draw length 60, 62, 65, and have only a very minimal change in my point of impact. 12" sounds like something moved.
Old 06-19-2003, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree with Redline. Add 2# and you ain' t gonna see squat for change unless you can shoot 60 yards or more. And even at that you' ll only see a couple inches at best. Something else changed.
Old 06-19-2003, 08:36 PM

Everything is in the same positions as it was before except the draw weight. I will change the draw back tomorrow and see what happens. Chris
Old 06-19-2003, 09:49 PM

I kept the groups but they dropped @12" from my aiming point.
This would show a decrease in speed of over 100 fps[]

If the site didn' t move, then my guess would be your peep moved a bit or your nocking point moved up.

Something had to change
Old 06-19-2003, 09:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah something isn' t right.You may have a tiller problem but even that doesn' t sound right.I agree that something moved.

I changed my draw length down 1/2" and went from 273 fps to 266 fps. The difference showed up @ 60 yards and I was using my 62 yard marking on my sight tape to hit dead on @ 60.There may have been about a 1 yard difference at 50 but I went from 40 yards to 60 without shooting 50.
Old 06-20-2003, 04:02 PM

well, i moved my draw weight back to 60 and made sure everything was still in place. I shot 4 arrows just to check my sights at 20 yards. All 4 were within 1" of each other. I thought something had moved to but nothing did. Same measurements as before. Thanks for the thoughts though.Chris
Old 06-20-2003, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

RIDGE TRY IT AGAIN IT SOUNDS IF YOU HIT LOW YOU TIGHTEND YOUR TOP LIMB MORE THEN THE BOTTOM WHICH IN TURN MAKES YOUR NOCK GO UP AND THE RESULT WOULD BE LOW SHOTS OF COURSE
Old 06-20-2003, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Fastpassthrough,that is what I was thinking when I stated that the tiller may be off,but 12" is quite a bit.I have never experienced that kind of a change regardless of what I did to a bow.

I also think that he should try it again and see what the result might be.
Old 06-20-2003, 09:46 PM

I will increase it again tomorrow evening and let you guys know what happens. It will be tomorrow evening before I can get it done though. I will let you know. Chris

Quick Reply: Speed and trajectory

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.