Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Speed and trajectory

Old 06-22-2003, 07:52 PM

Default RE: Speed and trajectory

I increased it again tonight. I checked the tiller and found it to be out by 1/8" . I adjusted that and checked my peep, cam rotation, peep level and so forth. I shot 4 arrow groups and got them to hit 8" low consistently. After shooting I checked everything again and found it to be right where it was to begin with. I put my draw weight back to 60 and found it to be hitting dead on out to 40(my max). I don' t know why it shoots this way but it does. At 60lbs, my sights are a little higher because of the way I shoot. I don' t know if this would be different if I was shooting in a different form or what. I also don' t know what the trajectory(flatness) of the arrow is at 60 and then at 62+. Maybe one of you techs can shed some light on this. Thanks,Chris
Old 06-23-2003, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Correct me if i' m wrong, but " logically" if you increase your draw weight, you will gain fps, thus flattening the trajectory a small amount. With out moving your sight any, this should cause the arrow to rise a small amount, not drop.

Becuase of my career as an Information Technology professional, I have to ask an obvious question here. And this is not to sound one bit demeaning.....

-Have you tested the draw weight after adjusting it (I' m sure you have) to make sure you were actually increasing the draw weight instead of decreasing it?

I' ve found that myself as well as a lot of my clients tend to miss some of the obvious stuff. Like i said though, i' m not trying to be demeaning or anything of that sort. Just trying to help out. This seems to be a tough one.

Good luck, Hope it works out for ya.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:47 PM

What I would quess is when you tighten up your limbs your string also tightens so your peep would be moving...What I mean its not loose but when your moving the limbs(tighter) your string is going to have to move so would your peep plus it would also shorten your draw lenght..Not alot but it will shorten it... Hope this makes sense...
Old 06-24-2003, 09:14 AM

Ridge,
Is the bow well tuned? An increase in draw weight can get all sorts of funny results if the arrow is not leaving the bow perfectly square. The higher poundage could cause more arrow wobble or oscillation, especially if the arrow is on the lower end of the spine range. This could account for the drop or at least some of it. Just something to check.

Good luck.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:23 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-25-2003, 07:12 PM

Here are the results of what happened to the hitting low. My peep came up @ 3/16"
my rest cord was not pulling my TT up all the way(@ 1/8" short), my draw length was very close to the same. My arrows are just a hair under spine for 62 lbs but I still got good flight. With all of these differences, it came up dropping the arrow @ 8" with a not so precise tuning effort. I got to tinkering after a couple of your all' s questions and just hadn' t put it on here. Thanks for the thoughts and advice. Chris