Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Nocking point methods with a loop

Old 06-18-2003, 12:14 PM

Default Nocking point methods with a loop

Just curious what everyone uses, seems everyone has their own method. I use a tied on nock above the arrow, with a string loop outside of that.
I' ve read a standard clamp on nock is more stable, I' ve read it' s better to use a nock below the arrow when using a loop, as it put' s the release closer to the center of the string, a lot of folks use a tied in nock above AND below the arrow, with the loop outside of that. I see more and more people with just a loop, wouldn' t this setup continue to pinch the arrow more and more over time? I' m running out of things to fool with on my bows, everything else is ready for the opener, I neeed something to think about and mess with.
I' d appreciate thoughts from the board members
Old 06-18-2003, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Nocking point methods with a loop

I just tie one knot above and one below facing the other direction so that the loop doesn' t try to pull from only one side of the string.
If it looks like it' s trying to pinch my nock I just put an arrow in and crank it up and down a little, it will then spread open.
Old 06-18-2003, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the top knot of the string loop nothing more
Old 06-18-2003, 01:47 PM

DaveC, you don' t get any separation with your serving when moving the arrow up and down, it just spreads the loop?
Bigpapascout, are you saying there' s a gap between the bottom knot, and the arrow, and the nock only touches the loop at the top?
Old 06-18-2003, 06:20 PM

I use tie on nocks above and below my arrow nock with my loop outside of each.
I have done it this way since I started using a loop. Never had problems with nock pinch.
Old 06-18-2003, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

not that my way is any better but i put a pinch on nock on my string then tie a loop on the outside of it. this is good for me b/c when my loop wears out i can just tie another one in and not have to worry about measuring it or my sites changing b/c my nock is higher or lower than the original placement.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

We got into somewhat of a good discussion on this several weeks ago. I will see if I can find the thread in question.

As for myself, I have been experimenting with shooting a " low loop" . The nockset is tied onto the string and the arrow is nocked below it. Then the top knot of the string loop is located directly beneath the arrow nock.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:22 AM

I set a metal nocking point and then tie my string loop above and below the nocking point. When I replace my loop I dont have to redo my nocking point.