Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Recommend a string.

Old 06-19-2003, 07:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Recommend a string.

Here is the fellow that makes all my bowstrings. They are custom made for each individual circumstanse. Excellent material, worksmanship, and prices.

http://www.webspinnerz.co.za/bowstrings/
Old 06-19-2003, 11:14 AM

For those looking to expand their archery hobby and that like to tinker, nothing beats making your own strings. With a little creativity, you can make a string that stands out in a crowd. With a little practice and the right technique you can also make one better than any commercial string maker - all it takes is a little time and a bit of money to invest in a jig and the string materials. Once the investment is made, you' ll be putting out superior strings in a couple hours for about $8 each.
Old 06-19-2003, 12:06 PM

JoePA

How much have you shot the string? I have always had my strings made locally, but the person has increased obligations that are causing him to take too long to finish all his orders.

Not to long ago I was referred to " TailorMaid" by a shooter I had just met and he told that TM' s strings are exceptionally good and that the prices are very competitive. I was wanting more than one opinion.

How many strands is your string and what draw-weight are you pulling? How good does the serving seem to be?

Old 06-19-2003, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ll second BigPapa #1 winners choice #2 stone mountain
Old 06-19-2003, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

C 903:

I don' t have a ton of shots so far, maybe 6-700 or so.

The serving is very tight, no movement. After about 150 shots, I had to give one cable one twist.

My bow is a 65 pounder with original Oregon Black knight cams. The valley is quite narrow, so I noticed when the cams were just a little out of sync. On a milder cam, I may not have noticed and made the change.

I did get the TUXX strings, not the standard ones. The material was the standard 8125, but you can get other materials as an option. I did think about 452, but didn' t go that way for this bow. Hope this helps.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:14 AM

I bought a Winners Choice string and cable a few months ago and I can truely say it has been the best string I have ever used. It is costly but then so is everything esle that is quality...
Old 06-20-2003, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lookin at the Cabelas Archery catalog, eh?

IMO, those are two of your poorest choices on the market. Muzzy should stick to broadheads & arrow rests, and Phase 1 strings were pretty good about 10 years ago when they were introduced but.....

I' ve tried several of the brands who' s names have been bandied about here on this thread as well as other local " custom" builders and IME Winners Choice and Stone Mountain come out on top.

I' ve heard great things about the Bowman strings from folks whom I trust as well.

Old 06-21-2003, 01:54 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks guys and gal. I decided to order the Fuzion string from Martin being I shoot a Martin with the Fuzion one cam.
Old 06-21-2003, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

I just ordered a set of strings and cables from Prostring. I haven' t received them yet, but when I do, I' ll post the results.
Charlie