Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rocket Aerohead Co. sucks!

Old 06-16-2003, 03:22 PM

Default Rocket Aerohead Co. sucks!

Previously, there was a thread started on the " Rocket Ultimate Steel" broadhead

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...mode=1&smode=1

However, I wanted to start a new thread that would pertain specifically to the " Rocket Aerohead Co." and why, as far as I am concerned, " Rocket Aerohead" can take a long walk on a short pier.[:@]

As " Macdaddy" stated (in other thread) about the problem he discovered with the broadhead stem being too short to properly engage the threads of his inserts; so did I.

If I did not use the blade-locking washer/spacer, I could get the threaded stem of the ferrule to engage securely. However, the face of my insert would begin to stress the back of the blades as I tightened the broadhead. If I used the locking washer, the threaded stem would only engage about two threads of my insert.

Three days ago I emailed the dealer I bought the heads from and asked if he knew of the problem; had " Rocket" sent notices to the dealers advising of the problem. I am still awaiting a reply. [:@]

Early this AM, I called " Rocket." The guy I first talked to sounded very indifferent to my problem. After talking to him for a few minutes, I realized…..and I believe he did too, that he did not know which was the hole in the ground and which was the other one. [:@] Eventually he advised me that another person (name withheld by me) would know more about my problem, but that the person was not presently available. The person I was talking with told me he would have the other person call me in one hour.

Five and one half hours later I had not yet been called. [:@] Therefore, I called and asked for the so-called expert by name. The person who answered the telephone sounded like he was disgusted with life. He turned out to be the person I needed to talk with. I explained my problem and asked him if " Rocket" had discontinued making the " Ultimate Steel" broadhead. There was a moment of silence, to the extent that I thought he had not heard me. Finally, in a very boring tone, he answered that the " Ultimate Steel" had not been discontinued.

I asked if he was aware of the problem with the broadhead ferrule stem not being long enough to satisfactorily screw into the insert unless the washer was not used. He mumbled something about …" …..Gold….mumble-mumble…" [:@] I assumed he was referring to particular insert used on carbon shafts. I told him that I was using Easton Aluminum XX75' s and XX78' s" The person said something to the affect of…he was mumbling, " I don' t know about that…mumble-mumble…...we never messed with aluminum." [:@] [:@]

I then asked him if " Rocket" had sent notices about the problem to dealers. He said No, they wouldn' t know anything about that…." [:@]

In short time, I found that I had to keep talking, and sometimes repeating myself, just to assure myself that he was still on the line. Getting a voluntary response from the person was not to be had. Finally, I decided to play his game, I went silent and waited for him to say something. Finally, he started talking and said he would look around the factory and see if he could come up with some washers that would improvise. He told me to call him back at 10:00 AM tomorrow. [:@]

When I got off the telephone, I was not pleased. I felt like I an uninvited guest at a wedding. The person I talked to sound very uninterested and possibly aggravated that I had the audacity to call the " King." [X(]

If I had thought the person would hear me and would respond before sundown, I would have like to have said/asked.

1. Why didn’t you call me as I was told you would do?
2. What the hell do you mean, you (Rocket) never " …messed with aluminum." !!!?
3. If " Rocket" knows/knew there was a problem with the length of the threaded stem, why hasn’t " Rocket" disseminated a notice to dealers and people who have purchased the " Ultimate Steel" heads?
4. Keep your washers scavenged from the tray for discarded parts, I have a tackle box full of broadhead ferrule spacers/washers!

Being that " Rocket" is apparently aware of problems concerning the length of the threaded stem on the ferrule, and has not notified dealers, the rep I talked to should have struggled to find his voice and the appropriate words, and offered me another product for replacement or a reimbursement of my expenditure.

Some companies spend thousands of dollars for advertisement and promotions, but can ruin their reputation with a $2.00 telephone and a 4-minute mumble. I had never purchased any " Rocket" products before purchasing the " Ultimate Steels." I never will again, and I will definitely pass the word about " Rocket' s" customer service. [:@]

Has " Rocket" not heard of the I-N-T-E-R-N-E-T F-O-R-U-M-S??

Old 06-16-2003, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rocket Aerohead Co. sucks!

I haven' t figured out why their " new" broadheads, released over a year ago, still aren' t on their web site. There site was down for months, then when it finally came back up, it was the same one from years ago!
Glad I use Muzzys!!
Charlie
Old 06-16-2003, 05:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have never had a problem with rocket' s customer service.The little I had to deal with them was very helpful and was taken care of without problem.

I have seen your post and you are very hard to deal with, atleast what I have seen here on this forum.Maybe the problem is a combination of your attitude and the person' s on the other end.

Not saying the product shouldn' t be suitable for all shafts.It should and they should resolve it.

Just making an observation.

Good luck and hope they take care of it.
Old 06-16-2003, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the heads up c903!

I base my decisions on who I do business with based on stories like yours! Rocket wont be getting any of my money.

Heres an example of how to treat customers or people in general (potential customers). The other day I called long distance to chat with the owners of Diamond Archery about the Widowmaker3. I ended up talking to the gentleman for a good half hour about archery technology and numerous other non-archery related stuff. When the conversation ended , I had wished he was in front of me so I could shake his hand. I said to myself I would be more than happy to do business with Diamond Archery any time![:-]
Old 06-16-2003, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don' t know the hole story so I won' t comment on your situation. I will say Rocket needs to fix a couple or problems with the " ultimate" steel broadheads. I can also tell you that if you had a similer problem with a Muzzy, Magnus or Rocky Mtn head you would have been taken care of in a prompt and polite manor. These three companies go above and beyond the call of duty, and they honestly care about the company.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:00 PM

I have to agree...I emailed Rocket once about putting Pathfinder tips on Miniblasters and they weren' t any help at all.....Poor customer service but they make decent product.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds about like my experience with HP' s technical " Support" when my computer was acting up........bad enough I couldn' t understand a word the person was saying, but I had to do the same prompting after verything I said. After 20 minutes I was wishing I had the power to reach into the phone![:@]
Needless to say I am now NOT typing on an HP computer.

That' s dissapointing to hear about Rocket, but I guess I' m not surprised. The first year I started shooting Miniblasters in 97' I had a blade break........I actually think that it broke on a rock a few inces below the surface of the dirt after my shot had passed thru a deer. Anyway Rocket advertises that they will replace any head that breaks a blade.........So I wrote them an e-mail about the situation offering to send back the head for a new one etc.
I never got a reply..........tried one more time maybe 2 weeks later. Same deal no reply so I forgot about it. Nothing really worth a phone call.
Must have been a month later I get a package from Rocket: 2 new packs of Miniblasters (6 heads in all)
I was kind of torn........happy to have the new heads which was well in excess of their " guarantee" , but puzzled why no communication?

Yeah and their website has ALWAYS been dissapointing.[:' (]

If the stars aligned properly and somehow ,someway Muzzy would build a good mechanical head I think they' d put a serious strain on Rocket' s pocketbook. Excellent company with excellent customer service.

Old 06-16-2003, 10:20 PM

TFox

I have seen your post and you are very hard to deal with, at least what I have seen here on this forum.Maybe the problem is a combination of your attitude and the person' s on the other end.
You are out in left field on this one. The call involved a simple question. The response was void and total indifference. I was not going to use unnecessary air time to tell the guy he was a poor example of how to represent a large company that survives by having new and repeat customers.

Old 06-16-2003, 11:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well when I dealt with them.I emailed them,informed them of my problem.I got a response back the next day that new ones were in the mail.I had them 1 week later.

That is pretty good customer service and the problem that I had with the original ones wasn' t a problem with the newer ones.

I have just seen the way you comment to most of the post on here and they are usually very argumentative.If this isn' t the case with your phone call to Rocket, then I apologise.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Matt,they may have replied but you didn' t know it. When I emailed them I thought the same thing but got to looking at my emails and there was one I didn' t want to open. I was not familiar with the name. I went ahead and did and the email was from Rocket but the email didn' t have Rocket attached to it. It was an individuals name.

Maybe you just deleted it because you didn' t know the name.

Quick Reply: Rocket Aerohead Co. sucks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.