Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rocket Aerohead Co. sucks!

Old 06-17-2003, 09:07 PM

Default RE: Rocket Aerohead Co. sucks!

I really thought an edited version of my post would be better understood! Shame on me for thinking positively.[]
Old 06-17-2003, 09:12 PM

Antler

Your professor' s analogy is right on cue……if teamwork is necessary to accomplish one goal. However, in here (forum), your professor' s story does not apply. This forum is an individualized activity. You sing your song in your key, others may sing in their own key.

Johnny always takes his ball and goes home crying when others don' t play according to his rules.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

c903,

Perhaps you interpreted my post as a dig at you. That wasn' t my intent. My point was more along the lines of illustrating how Rocket is in denial concerning their problem with the Ultimate Steel head.

Shoot, if I was singing no one else would bother to sing in their key because they would all be running for the next county. I couldn' t carry a tune in a bucket.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

While I have had my own " discussions" with C903, I have to agree with him on this one, at least as far as the product itself is concerned.

I had a pack of 100 gr. Steelheads, and the threads did tighten for a few turns, at least. I put locktite on them to make sure they did not come loose.

I have never tried the Ultimate Steel, but I think the problem may be related to trying to make a 100 gr. broadhead out of steel that is actually only 100 grains in weight. They seem to be trying to make them " smaller" and lighter anywhere then can. If you make the ferrule as small and short as possible, you can save weight. You should make sure that they will work on all inserts though.

As far as the phone conversation, how do we really know. I consider myself pretty darn polite on the phone (and in person) . and I recently had a problem with my water softener. After calling their " help line" . I came away with the decision never to buy one of their products again. It sometimes boggles the mind how companies decide on the people they choose to handle customer service. At other times, is seems like the people couldn' t be any nicer to deal with. Ya never know.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:54 AM

I also agree that Rocket needs some Marketing 101 and that they are a ' pita' to deal with at times. There are things about their design that I hate and love. They sometimes seem to be oblivious that customer satisfaction can rule or ruin a company. How an ' individual' is approached on the phone, however, can make all the difference in the world.
Old 06-18-2003, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have never had to deal with rocket, but it boggles my mind how a company can have an excellent product like the steelhead 125, and a such a poor product in the " ultimate steel" . I am not really a big fan of there marketing and adds, but that' s just a personal thing.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:28 PM

I was steadfast polite. You do not seek and hope for assistance and decent customer service by opening your inquiry with a sword.

Even if I had, I do not believe any derogatory comments would have registered with either person I talked to. Their indifference was that obvious. In fact, I firmly believe that it would be a waste of time sending the company an email regarding poor customer service.

However, sending email is out of the question, as far as I could determine, it appears the company does not want to hear from their customers in any form; their website does not appear to have a " Contact" or " Feedback" link.

Len: You need to realize and accept that not everyone always agrees with you either. You need to stop showing your hurt feelings when you are challenged. This is not a popularity contest.

Old 06-18-2003, 11:10 PM

C903,

I must say that in principle I agree with your sentiments on this company, but by God you do seem to have one heck of an argumentative attitude. Your acerbic posting demeanor and Precambrian style detract from the point that you are trying to make.

While I sometimes disagree with you on technical issues, there should be no disagreement that gentlemanly discussions are the objective on the board. Oh, and yes I know that as you told Len, “I always have the choice to " pack it if you can' t hack it!" ”

Remember this amigo, “You are not here for a long time, you are here for a good time!”
Old 06-18-2003, 11:42 PM

[nubbb

I suppose now you want me to email you my telephone number so your friend whom is an expert in " Debate Decorum" can call me.

Put your thesaurus away! Plain language capacitates comprehension by the masses.
Old 06-19-2003, 12:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

How does a simple thread about poor customer service turn into a dictionary slingin...I' m smarter than you... pi$$in contest?[:' (]

Put your weenies back in your pants gentlemen , hunting season will be here before we know it!