Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Sight issues with bowtec

Old 06-24-2003, 11:02 AM

Default RE: Sight issues with bowtec

Yes, you do have a high anchor!!!!! Maybe your only " fix" would be to try to find a sight that will work for your style of shooting. Archery, the endless quest!
Old 06-24-2003, 11:19 AM

Would the trophy taker drop away lowering the arrow to quickly have any adverse effect on the flight of the arrow when I try to shoot broadheads with that setup?
I can' t imagine the arrow is not coming out nock high. Are you getting a high tear or a bare shaft hitting lower than fletched??

I also can see a loss in consistancy, as the flight of the arrow is totally dependant on when the rest drops - a little sooner or a little later and you will have vertical flyers.

have you shortend the pull up cord so that it is pretty tight at full draw - this should give you 2-3 inches of support.

If you really want to test if the rest is droping too soon, add a stout little spring to the cord (on the rest side) and get that rest up with 4-5 inches of draw left. If this solves the problem then it is the rest dropping to soon.

But I don' t think that is your main site problem - It sound like a high anchor, high berger hole, insufficiant site adjustment, combo problem thingy
Old 06-24-2003, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

My bare shaft holes were perfect....at first. The more I tried to fine tune it the more they went to rippolla. it was as if the arrow had destroyed itself spinewise on the inside and I couldn' t see it on the outside.

As far as fletched paper tuning went, I could achieve perfect bullets as long as I shot cock feather up. My neighbors must think that part of a daily archery rutine is shooting through a sheet of paper.

I don' t quiet get how a non stretchable string can come up sooner or later depending on how tight it' s tied. (I was using a string loop string ~6" )as the original was toast from the previuos owner.) Once the slack is out the forks come up. I shortened my rope, but this seemed to put my bow/cables in a bind. Full draw felt different. My have been I mental thing, but I think not.
I could see where the bungy (I don' t have) would allow you to accomplish this, but not a non stretchable string.

A high anchor??? It' s the only anchor I know, but if you all say so, then so be it. I' ve got to have a high something I guess!!
What makes it so high???
Old 06-24-2003, 05:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dave how far are you from Alba TX?
I know you did tell me on the phone where you are but I have slept since then.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Crosby is right outside of Houston. Seeing how I' ve never heard of Burleson and you' ve never heard of Crosby I can assume they are a good distance apart.

I' m near Houston, your near Dallas, that puts us about 4.5 hours apart- depending on how fast you drive

Thanks for the phone call, it was nice to actually TALK to someone from the message boards.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:14 PM

I have to strongly disagree with Rack-attack on the nock travel problem with Bowtechs. My mighty-mite with a Muzzy zero effect shoots bullet holes with vane up, down or any way you could place the arrow. Bow shoots PERFECT hole when paper tuned so no nock travel issues here. I think being able to tune a bow will solve a lot of mis-conceptions.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ewe!!!! that' ll leave a mark[]
Old 06-24-2003, 09:08 PM

DoninVa,

I can state for a fact that the SC Patriot has nock travel problems - Even the best minds at Bowtech hook their TT rests to the cable slide to allow for the rest to come up earlier in the draw cycle to support the arrow longer. Since the problem became apparent to me, I have met or heard of more than a few of the same exact problems with this bow and a drop-away. In fact I think it happens on more solo cams than we are led to believe.

And As I have stated the mighty mite is a different bow, I am not sure if it does have this problem. But I would sure suggest - as I have to look into it.

And as far as paper tuning and bullet holes - my SC Pat was doing just that, and still hitting both hen feathers, and hitting them good. Bullet holes in paper are the most overated tuning method there is. It gets you fairly close, and thats all.
Old 06-24-2003, 11:47 PM

Ausie, if you' re not using the Plainsman I sent you maybe you' d like to pass it on to the " troubled one" HEHE[&:][][:-]
Old 06-25-2003, 07:40 PM

Hey Rack, you could be right but with the Muzzy set to pick the arrow up the last 2" , I' ve not had any problems. The muzzy is absolute as far as when it gets out of the way of the arrow.I have the Muzzy on a Parker with the same results so I could be comparing apples to oranges. The Muzzy has gotten rid of a lot of issues with my shooting and tuning. I would have bought a Mathews this year but if it won' t take a Muzzy zero effect, I aint buying it.I have shot only one bow with a TT and given it wasn' t set up for me but I had a lot of trouble getting the bow drawn with the arrow going behind the arm. Don